Default Re: laptop

Originally posted by unrefined_mind
no 1

looks something like my first puter

Old Oct 4th 2003, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

hi unrefined_mind,
if only i had seen those earlier ! i could have saved myself a few ££s ! the first model looks about as old as the one i am using now I do like the backpackers model, i didn't see any in Dixons though, they must have sold out !
thanks for cheering me up
lucy
Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:49 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of
Default Laptop - bargain or not?

I've just seen an IBM Thinkpad T40 advertised on ebay, brand new (still sealed etc).

Current bid is £1000; is this an unmissable bargain or will there be "another one along soon"?

I'm not likely to really need it until next August when I head off to Adelaide so I guess the experts out there will tell me to wait and see what the latest spec is nearer the time??

I'm really only looking to use it for e-mail, internet and some word processing and spreadsheet work.

Any views on whether I should "plump" or "pass"?

All advice appreciated,

Elaine
Old Oct 5th 2003, 10:02 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Laptop - bargain or not?

Elaine,
If you are not off until next August, wait and see what the latest spec is nearer the time.

Prices are constantly coming down, so save the money and buy a machine next year. It will also have it's warranty left for when you move and then start using it in earnest.

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 6th 2003, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

tosh cambridge is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wombat
I have just bought a packard laptop, from Dixons with a digital camera and printer/scanner for £999 it is being delivered early next week !
Thanks to everyone that gave me advice
how do i get my email and internet set up on the new one ?
lucy
hi wombat...

i've just set my laptop up ready for the internet and e-mail.. i'll be glad to give u any advice when u get yours just let me know
Old Oct 6th 2003, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tosh cambridge
hi wombat...

i've just set my laptop up ready for the internet and e-mail.. i'll be glad to give u any advice when u get yours just let me know
hi tosh
I have had the day off work today waiting for it to be delivered
did you find it easy to set yours up ? if i need any help later i will pm you, if that is ok !
thanks lucy