Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Land Share in Perth

Land Share in Perth

Old May 23rd 2006, 12:59 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Land Share in Perth

Anyone had any thoughts on purchasing together with someone 1 large piece of land and maybe both doing self build`s?

I am actually doing a self build at the moment ( Family Member)and this gives me a great incentive, especially if you can compare what will be a very close estimate of costs to finish of £118,000 ( Includes £40,000 for Land)with a projected value ( advised within £2k - 5k) of £230,000........ The final value wouldnt be the reason for going this route, the actual mortgage i would need to take would be the main reason

This is for a 1 1/2 Storey 4Bed x 2Bath x 2 Ensuite with 9m x 6m Detached building which consists of 6m x 3m Garage and 6m x 6m Business premises being used as a Salon

Just Curious

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; May 23rd 2006 at 1:11 am.
Old May 23rd 2006, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Land Share in Perth

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Anyone had any thoughts on purchasing together with someone 1 large piece of land and maybe both doing self build`s?

I am actually doing a self build at the moment ( Family Member)and this gives me a great incentive, especially if you can compare what will be a very close estimate of costs to finish of £118,000 ( Includes £40,000 for Land)with a projected value ( advised within £2k - 5k) of £230,000........ The final value wouldnt be the reason for going this route, the actual mortgage i would need to take would be the main reason

This is for a 1 1/2 Storey 4Bed x 2Bath x 2 Ensuite with 9m x 6m Detached building which consists of 6m x 3m Garage and 6m x 6m Business premises being used as a Salon

Just Curious
my brother does those self builds in the UK,4 or 5 I think.As far as I am aware there is nothing like that here,building codes,electrical codes etc.To buy a block of land and sub divide is usually done by developers,they buy an old house on a half acre and usually put 2 or 3 houses on it,happened in Vic Park a lot but most of the land is now gone.Some of the old original blocks in Gosnells seem to be going that way as the place is going through urban renewal,they seem to like 2 blocks together (1 acre ) and put 6-8 villas on them.
Old May 23rd 2006, 3:46 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Land Share in Perth

I`m actually looking at it in a way where lets say, there is a couple of BE`s looking to buy Land in then same area and to cut costs or give yourself other options i.e Buy a bigger piece of land that you wouldnt look at alone for just 1 house but to build maybe 2x Semi-Det or even 2 detached houses on to Live in

lets just say for example in any given area you can purchase land for a 400 sq Metre plot for $100k but found maybe a Plot of 800sq Metre that was available for $170k. You could then share purchase this land and instantly make a saving of $15k each,,,,,,,,, I`m sure you get what i mean. this coula also maybe go even further towards maybe building 2 x Semi- Detached houses.

As i said, Just curious if anyonehas had any thought about doing anything like this as you can see it would give more options of where to buy when you can then look at a larger plot of land or just the single plot that you initially need

Originally Posted by geordie downunder
my brother does those self builds in the UK,4 or 5 I think.As far as I am aware there is nothing like that here,building codes,electrical codes etc.To buy a block of land and sub divide is usually done by developers,they buy an old house on a half acre and usually put 2 or 3 houses on it,happened in Vic Park a lot but most of the land is now gone.Some of the old original blocks in Gosnells seem to be going that way as the place is going through urban renewal,they seem to like 2 blocks together (1 acre ) and put 6-8 villas on them.