Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Land sale question

Land sale question

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Land sale question

I have been looking at a government land management corporation website and discovered that a large piece of residential land came up for tender back in December. It is in the perfect spot for us to buy a house/land package but, we obviously don't know which developers or building companies have bought this land.

I want to know if it is legal, or public information to find out who is going ot develop the area so i can get in first to buy a bit of it!!!!

Anyone know?
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 7:38 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Land sale question

Originally posted by podgypossum
I have been looking at a government land management corporation website and discovered that a large piece of residential land came up for tender back in December. It is in the perfect spot for us to buy a house/land package but, we obviously don't know which developers or building companies have bought this land.

I want to know if it is legal, or public information to find out who is going ot develop the area so i can get in first to buy a bit of it!!!!

Anyone know?
The first thing that a developer normally needs to do, is to put signs at all the entrances to the block, saying who they are, and contact details.

If you can, take a drive round and see if they have to do the same there.

Otherwise ring the council. Developments normally need permission from council, and the council in turn have to ask local residents for any objections, and so they have plans available for display, and these should have the developers details.

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 7:40 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Land sale question

Originally posted by podgypossum

Anyone know?
PP this link might help you as you can dowmload any developments in the application stage..

http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/c...plications.htm

Sasha
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Thanx ABC... i shll ring the council tomorrow

Snappy...thanx for the link but it doesnt come under Aelaide City council and the council it does come under doenst seem to have the same information at hand on their websit so i'll phone to find out..

i'm getting very excited!!...but knowing my luck the whole 25 hectares will have gone already!!