Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Land of opportunity

Land of opportunity

Old Jul 1st 2003, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that. it is alll a bit complicated for me so we have got an accountant so hope he is good.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 12:28 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by paula m
I am pleased to get such debate going it is good to hear all sides. We may be taking a risk, but life is one and we think we know what we are doing and the worse that can happen is that we have to sell and pay capital gains. When I said it could never happen in the uk i mean to a nurse and a chef who have never inherited or won any money.
It is not easy and hard work but hopefully worth it all in the end if we can give our kids a great life and get the boat and spa we all would like.
paula
You have borrowed on your future as you say your jobs are average make sure your future is not mortgaged beyond your means.
Banks here take back as quick as the give , never borrow more than your earned income , your investments will be auctioned off at what ever the Banks will take.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 1st 2003 at 12:34 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, we have taken advice and been told all should be well.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 1:04 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

You need to speculate to accumulate....

As long as you can comfortably cover the mortgage repayments, in the long run your sorted
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 10:40 am

silvervfr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Land of opportunity

Hi Paula, I was looking at your website (Being nosey!) and saw that your husband is a chef.

My family and I are hoping to move out to Adelaide next year and I could really do with some advice on the Chef front. I'm presently working as an Executive Head chef in a fairly large Hotel on the south coast of the U.K. But could do with some pointers on how to get in touch with some Chefs and Chef associations within the Adelaide area.

If you could help in any way I would be most grateful as I have posted on this site for other chefs but nothing has come of it.

Thanks in advance

Nick
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

If you repley to the email I sent you dave will email you
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 12:31 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, we have taken advice and been told all should be well.
Good for you ,try these you may need them sooner than you think.

http://www.lakeviewcredit.com/intro-...ounselling.htm

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Old Jul 4th 2003, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Good on ya Paula, we too had 3 houses before we left OZ and to have 3 mortgages is no big deal as long as the properties are rented out. So best of luck to you
Old Jul 4th 2003, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

I just wanted to say thankyou for all the supportive posts and personnal emails I have recieved
Old Jul 8th 2003, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

For anyone arriving very soon we still have 5 weeks availiable in the port kennedy house at a discounted rate, you can email me fron the site below.
paula
Old Jul 8th 2003, 11:59 am
Banned

For anyone arriving very soon we still have 5 weeks availiable in the port kennedy house at a discounted rate, you can email me fron the site below.
paula
Big story on Today Tonight (TV) last night about the over supply of rentals in Perth and how the best Burbs now were affordable to the battlers to rent because the investors are finding hard to rent out.

Old Jul 8th 2003, 12:30 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Big story on Today Tonight (TV) last night about the over supply of rentals in Perth and how the best Burbs now were affordable to the battlers to rent because the investors are finding hard to rent out.
Great, I'm looking forward to an extra storey and a pool in a couple of months.
Old Jul 8th 2003, 12:32 pm
Banned

Originally posted by renth
Great, I'm looking forward to an extra storey and a pool in a couple of months.
Your rent is peanuts now , good Burb and sea views whats next Rose Hancocks Pad.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 8th 2003 at 12:44 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.