Reload this Page >

Lake Macquarie, Newcastle area

Lake Macquarie, Newcastle area

Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:30 am
Just Joined

karm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lake Macquarie, Newcastle area

Hi all,
We have been living in Perth for a few years and a few months ago my family and i have just moved to valentine NSW.
I'm a stay at home dad of a 16 month old boy and the wife works 12 hour days so looking for new friends around the area or playdates for my son
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

ebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Lake Macquarie, Newcastle area

Hi Karm, we live in Mandurah, south of Perth and are seriously thinking of moving over to the Newcastle area. Could you tell me if you find everyday living cheaper over there?
I feel so ripped off here and am hoping it's better over East. From what I can see though the house prices and rentals are about the same.
We built a house but would probably rent it out and rent something over there so I'll have to look into all the negative gearing etc to see if it balances out financially.
Many thanks to you and anyone who replies.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

karm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ebonski, I have just been talking to Mrs and we both agree that its the same in cost of living. Housing cost varies alot, rural or in a bad areas are cheaper also in rural areas shopping can be hard to do.
As a family we found that in WA people are friendlier. Oh the weather is shocking
lol lets put it another way in 10 months we are planning on moving back to Mindarie.
however this is just the familys views and other people might say somthing different
Old May 5th 2013, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

ebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the roughebonski is a jewel in the rough

Hi karm, thanks so much for replying to my query. I'm sorry it's like that for u at the moment , hopefully things will change. Your post was helpful to us as we thought people may be friendlier over east with it being more 'cosmopolitan ' .
We thought it was just W.A that was difficult to make friends in!
After doing lots of research and reading replies from other posters I think we may have to put the move on the back burner for a couple of years. It's hard to give up a shiny new house and move into an old Reno that would need heaps of money thrown at it and would still cost way more than our house here. It's hard to justify at the moment.
I'd love to here how your getting on so keep us filled in .
Thanks and good luck