Reload this Page >

Ladies please help

Ladies please help

Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

chez.my is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ladies please help

Hi all, any help would be appreciated.

I am living in Mandurah,WA & I have the IUD coil due for changing. Do I go to my GP or do I need to go to a special clinic?

It shouldn't be due for changing until July but my mum told me that my UK GP rang on Friday (I hadn't informed them we were emigrating) to say it needs changing now.

I assume we pay for contraception here, as we pay for everything else, but how expensive is it likely to be?

Many thanks

Chez
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies please help

Originally Posted by chez.my
Hi all, any help would be appreciated.

I am living in Mandurah,WA & I have the IUD coil due for changing. Do I go to my GP or do I need to go to a special clinic?

It shouldn't be due for changing until July but my mum told me that my UK GP rang on Friday (I hadn't informed them we were emigrating) to say it needs changing now.

I assume we pay for contraception here, as we pay for everything else, but how expensive is it likely to be?

Many thanks

Chez
You will need to see your GP either way; either he/she will do the coil or refer you to the OB/GYN to have it done. Why not ring your GP and ask how you go about getting it done and where to get the new one?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

chez.my is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You will need to see your GP either way; either he/she will do the coil or refer you to the OB/GYN to have it done. Why not ring your GP and ask how you go about getting it done and where to get the new one?
Thanks Dorothy.

I was thinking of doing that, but I guess I wanted a bit of confirmation before I went ahead and made a ninny of myself.

Very much appreciated

Thanks chez
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Some states have a sexual health and family planning service which will do IUD insertions and because they do them so frequently, the doctors there are probably better at putting them in than your run of the mill GP. I doubt you would need to go to a gynaecologist for such a simple procedure. Not sure what you should look up in the phone book but try Family Planning or Well Women's Clinic. Alternatively, if your GP is one who has done some specialization then go ahead with them.

Clinics are generally cheaper being either free or a nominal fee IIRC.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Ant & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant future

Hi

I am living in Perth and whilst i can't help you with the coil, I have just had the implanon in my arm which is the little tube that is put in your arm and lasts for 3 years and is not too painful too put in and you cant notice it is there after. Just a thought of an alternative if you are having problems getting the coil

Antoinette
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I have been having real problems with Anaemia and I had to be referred to a Gynocolgist to have the coil put in. I do however have to get the prescription from the GP, (which I should do really as my appointment to have it fitted is pretty soon ). All my doctors fee, Gyno fees, ultrasounds etc have been free, I just have to pay for the prescription. I'll let you know how much it is if I ever get around to going for it