Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ladies night out down under?

Ladies night out down under?

Old Mar 14th 2004, 10:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Bu**er, you're right Dotty! If they're not shut, I'm sure they'll close early.
The Bloke is muttering about a race meeting or something that weekend too, which means I have to get up before the kookaburras.

Quick rethink ....how about the 16th?? Will you be able to venture to Vegas that weekend Dotty??
Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollyana
Oh Bu**er, you're right Dotty! If they're not shut, I'm sure they'll close early.
The Bloke is muttering about a race meeting or something that weekend too, which means I have to get up before the kookaburras.

Quick rethink ....how about the 16th?? Will you be able to venture to Vegas that weekend Dotty??
Think so, I would ask my husband but hes fell asleep on the couch

Just saw mcmercers post for the 10th thats def good. Look I am pretty easy in April, we seem to be in Brisbane heaps anyway.

Last edited by dotty; Mar 14th 2004 at 11:08 am.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:18 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

16th's fine for me if it means you get a lie in next day Polly
Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:44 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the idea! Especially having already missed out on next weekends do cos of going racing. If I am out late the night I'd be asleep by the side of the track.......!!
Any advance/complaints re the 16th........?
Old Mar 21st 2004, 8:06 am
Home and Happy

Just bumping this one back to the top hoping to catch people as they come home from today's meet.......anyone else interested, besides us, and "Mrs Prestons" who rang last night expressing a desire to go out and have fun....
Old Mar 21st 2004, 10:10 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Can you guys have a whip round and get me a ticket too. Could do with a :PARTY: and a

xxxx
Old Mar 21st 2004, 10:59 am
Home and Happy

See what we can do Hevs! I certainly need a good night letting my hair down - seems ages since Melbourne.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be around that weekend in Brissy. You can count me in Polly

Whisky
Sue Crabtree
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:39 am
Home and Happy

Oh excellent! Be great to meet you at last! Escaping from the restaurant for a few days are you?
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 12:12 am
Account Closed

Did we settle on the 16th April????
Any more ideas on venue????????
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 7:24 am
Home and Happy

I think the 16th sounds good....anyone got any suggestions on a venue, I don't know many places, apart from a fairly quiet pub with drag queens on stage, or Cheers - which is nice, does food, almost an English feel about it!

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 23rd 2004 at 11:52 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 12:07 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Bugger! I missed out on the UK girly night out, and it looks like I'm gonna miss the Brisbane one too!!!!

I missed the UK one cos I was away on business. But I arrive in Brisbane on the 28th, and I have to fly to Sydney on the 15th or 16th before coming back to the UK. (Im only out there for 3 weeks to validate)
Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger!!!!!!!

W.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:50 am
Home and Happy

Always next time Wanderlust
Just bumping the thread up cos Mrs Dagboy thinks she has ideas of where we could go. Otherwise we might have to end up in the Sportsman, which is where my best mate and I went for my hen night....met a lovely lady there who wanted to be my bridesmaid, but we didn't think the MIL could stand the shock.......

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 10:13 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:11 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Suggestions for the night -

Gilhooleys - In Albert St, a bit like Cheers, sell some british beers, usually a good mix of ages & people, with music/dancing.

Adreneline Bar - Younger group, funky.

Theres a good one next door to Adreneline, similar to Gilhooleys, mind has gone blank on the name for now, I'll think of it later & post it when I remember it.

City Rowers - can be a bit ropey, but at least its open til 5am .

Lots of people like the Victory Hotel, personally I think the place has the character of a wet dishcloth, but you can always try it.

Other suggestions are Margots (Hilton hotel), Someplace Else (Sheraton Hotel) (both meat markets, but usually play good music) or the bar upstairs a couple of doors up from Gilhooleys (name escapes me as well).

You should get a half decent pub/club crawl out of that lot anyway. If I think of anywhere else, I'll let you know .
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

But how will we find these places Mrs D if you dont come to show us around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.