Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ladies beware - Hair Loss

Ladies beware - Hair Loss

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Ladies beware - Hair Loss

My bleedin' hair is falling out by the handfull. I'm getting quite obsessed about it now.

Went to the hairdressers the other day and I don't know if this was just a tactic cos she picked up on my accent but she mentioned that I had quite a lot of hair loss (as she tried to untangle it all from her hands) and had I been through a stressful situation recently?. I mentioned that I had moved over from UK but didn't feel particularly stressed about it and surprise surprise she said the same thing happened to her when she moved here.
Her hair fell out!! Well thank you very much - I am now counting how many hairs I lose each day and am constantly feeling it to see if it's still there.

So any hairdressers out there - what can I do!!!!

Hubby is constantly taking the piss and I might have to shave his bollocks when he's asleep if he carries on!!

Diane (baldy)
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't lose any hair like you, but in the run-up to our emigration, I did sprout rather a lot of grey hairs which were quickly plucked out, and thankfully one year on, my head has gone back to just sprouting the odd one here and there! Phew, I'm not ready to go grey just yet!
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 5:47 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Haven't had hair loss but I've had SPOTS!!!! I was lucky enough not to suffer to badly when I was younger but since I've moved here I keep getting spots, I've put it down to the water??:scared:
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 5:49 am
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to be a hairdresser therefore here is my advice. You have millions of single hairs on your head; your hair goes through a cycle approximately 7 years. Each hair grows then falls out then grows again (male pattern baldness is where this process stops). If you think back you may remember other occasions where you seemed to lose quite a bit of hair at once.

Hope this helps you.

Kara
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

The one english girls have to watch out for here is weight gain.

All my english mates here have put on a stack, all that car use, you dont walk anymore its " life in a car ". For us pommies this is a disaster, bigger bum just as you have to bare more flesh.

My only solution is to run 3 mile every night, this is most interesting as its usually dark (5 in winter 7 in summer), so my husband bought me these illumated patches and superglued them on the ass of my shorts.

Security on these nightly trips is the mad border collie who thinks its the highlight of the day.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:16 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty

All my english mates here have put on a stack, all that car use, you dont walk anymore its " life in a car ". For us pommies this is a disaster, bigger bum just as you have to bare more flesh.

My only solution is to run 3 mile every night, this is most interesting as its usually dark (5 in winter 7 in summer), so my husband bought me these illumated patches and superglued them on the ass of my shorts.

Security on these nightly trips is the mad border collie who thinks its the highlight of the day.
Too true, I put on 21 pounds in the first couple of months just pigging out on barbies and beer.

Fortunately it's all gone now after some serious dieting and working out but it's a common syndrome apparently - the fat new migrants.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I can vouch for that one too. Didn't put too much on when we first arrived as I was walking the kids to school and stuff but now that I'm working and driving everywhere the pounds are beginning to creep on. The fact that the food fairy brings in cakes, pies and sausage rolls to work and they are free doesn't help the situation either!

Diane (Bald AND Wobbly - may as well end it now)
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
I can vouch for that one too. Didn't put too much on when we first arrived as I was walking the kids to school and stuff but now that I'm working and driving everywhere the pounds are beginning to creep on. The fact that the food fairy brings in cakes, pies and sausage rolls to work and they are free doesn't help the situation either!

or the Freddos, there are always Freddos at work.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:30 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Does every company in oz have a food fairy?? They sound great !

The weight thing could also be stress/new place related. My wife does quite a bit of excercise, yet when she moved over here (UK) she constantly complained about her face being spotty and putting on the pounds ( i can't say i noticed it though.....).

I agree about the car thing.....when we last visited the in-laws we drove to a shop, then when we needed somthing from another shop further up the street we just popped in the car and drove the 200 yards!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

) she constantly complained about her face being spotty and putting on the pounds ( i can't say i noticed it though.....).

Awww - aren't you sweet. Will you marry me instead?

Diane
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point

You may be right about Perth water!! I have never had a spot in my life have been in Perth 3 months and have loads!! Have started smearing face with toothpaste everynight!! ( been told it works). My hair is also falling out too!! Put that down to wind as living in Hillarys!! Stress of course could be a major factor!!

Have not put on weight as have 2 year old and a lovely rented house at mo and terrified of child making mess so constantly running about!!

Joined yoga though which is fun and hubby looking for a soccar club to join!!

manda
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

) she constantly complained about her face being spotty and putting on the pounds ( i can't say i noticed it though.....).

Awww - aren't you sweet. Will you marry me instead?

Diane
Leave off girl hes mine. The Australian one notices every stray kilo. Living in a country where you cant hide under layers should be banned.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 8:03 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty

do you live in the same country as us? ,since when do,s it get dark at 7pm in summer...try taking your sun glasses off.. MM
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 8:04 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Don't forget QLD does'nt have daylight savings....

Or does it? I can't remember.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 8:05 am
Just Joined

NicciS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Looks like im jumping in early, pigging out on all the yummy food in the UK before I leave. So much for cheap Clothes shopping in Perth, gotta shift the kg's first.

Actually I went into complete UK withdrawal, and stacked up on clothes for the kids at Hennes.

Nicci

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.