Wikiposts

Kuala Lumpur

Old Jan 15th 2005, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

bryoak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kuala Lumpur

Got parents coming to visit us in Melbourne (been here since August but flew with Singapore) and they are coming with Malaysian Airlines. The connecting flight from KL to Mel means a 6 hours wait for them at KL airport! Is that a long time to spend at that particular airport or is there enough there for them to see and do to kill those 6 long hours? Your opinions on this one would be appreciated... Are there any sight-seeing trips from the airport that anyone knows of, or would they have to stay in the airport??

bryoak.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:21 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default Re: Kuala Lumpur

I've been through it 4 times and whilst it's a beautifull airport I wouldn't say there's that much to do. There are quite a few shops selling trinkets etc but I don't think enough to fill 6 hours. Unfortunately the city centre of KL is about an hour or more from the airport by taxi. I think there's a shuttle train but I'm not sure how long it takes.

Tony.

Originally Posted by bryoak
Got parents coming to visit us in Melbourne (been here since August but flew with Singapore) and they are coming with Malaysian Airlines. The connecting flight from KL to Mel means a 6 hours wait for them at KL airport! Is that a long time to spend at that particular airport or is there enough there for them to see and do to kill those 6 long hours? Your opinions on this one would be appreciated... Are there any sight-seeing trips from the airport that anyone knows of, or would they have to stay in the airport??

bryoak.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

We had a long wait in KL a couple of years ago and had 2 year old twins in tow! So we booked a room in the hotel at the airport. Reclaimed baggage, walked through airport to hotel, showered, slept, went for a swim - the hotel had shuttles into KL city but it is about an hour away so we didn't bother. Not certain but I think the airport has a rail link to the city.
Would highly recommend getting a room at the hotel.

bryoak.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:42 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

KL airport is simply one of the best airports I have ever been to. It's immaculate and not busy one bit. There isn't a huge amount to do, so you can always suggest a stopover?

We stopped in KL and took a short flight to Penang. We stayed there for a couple of nights to break up the journey and help with time difference etc. Most airlines will offer a stopover included in the price (flight transfer). If they've already booked, it's well worth enquiring with them.

Hope this helps

Chris
Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:44 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

bryoak.
we went through KL airport in march we used the transit hotel where we just had some lunch. We also had a shower for a small charge they provided the towells , it was well worth doing it freshened us up and believe me we needed it we were travelling with our 2yr old and our 4 month baby