Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Korean Airlines - FREE KIDS

Wikiposts

Korean Airlines - FREE KIDS

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Default Korean Airlines - FREE KIDS

Korean airlines are offering FREE KIDS flights with every 2 adult tickets when booked through Travelmood!
www.travelmood.com see flight offers

Has anybody flown with them? Don't really know much about them as an airline. Are about to book with Singapore but if we can get 2 kids free (my parents are also going, so that means 4 adults - 2 free kids) it's worth going with them. You still have to pay their taxes and have an overnight stay in Seoul (which is provided by them) but still works out about £1000 cheaper all round for all of us.

Any comments appreciated before we go ahead and book!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:44 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Korean Airlines - FREE KIDS

They used to have one of the worst safety records in the world, but after a series of crashes they had to have a big training and management cleanout and I think they've improved somewhat.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Korean airlines are offering FREE KIDS flights with every 2 adult tickets when booked through Travelmood!

Has anybody flown with them? Don't really know much about them as an airline. Are about to book with Singapore but if we can get 2 kids free (my parents are also going, so that means 4 adults - 2 free kids) it's worth going with them. You still have to pay their taxes and have an overnight stay in Seoul (which is provided by them) but still works out about £1000 cheaper all round for all of us.

Have you done a search, the airlines been discussed before, we asked last year so its on here somewhere.

Basically most planes have no entertainment and often when they do most people say its often in korean, imgagine that would make for a looooong flight with kids! and the lengtht of the flights to OZ.

Safety record was a big issue, about the same as garudas (they just crashed again big news here in OZ as aussies were killed so no doubt that will be an issue again) however if you look at korean their incidents were in the 80's 90's.

Other people mentioned a lot of problems with the korean passengers/food, not sure what that means apart from the fact if you fly a 'international flavoured airline' you should probably expect to face some culture differences and if they are cheap you probably will
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 8:59 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>Other people mentioned a lot of problems with the korean passengers/food, not sure what that means apart from the fact if you fly a 'international flavoured airline' you should probably expect to face some culture differences and if they are cheap you probably will<<

Apparently there's a limited choice of main course, so if the Labrador's off by the time they get to your row you'll just have to put up with having the Spaniel <g>
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
>>Other people mentioned a lot of problems with the korean passengers/food, not sure what that means apart from the fact if you fly a 'international flavoured airline' you should probably expect to face some culture differences and if they are cheap you probably will<<

Apparently there's a limited choice of main course, so if the Labrador's off by the time they get to your row you'll just have to put up with having the Spaniel <g>

LOL, when we asked about them on another forum someone said they checked into the layover hotel and the dinner was the remnants of a korean wedding function, they swear the meat was dog that opinion might have been formed from the food poisoning they suffered all the way from seoul to heathrow tho
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:15 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stumpysean

I dont want any free kids i am trying to ebay my own lol
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rachie241
I dont want any free kids i am trying to ebay my own lol
Good luck
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:35 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Kids get outside seats, that's the catch.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

ok, that's it. You've all put me off!

Perhaps i'll stick to plan A going with Singapore!

Thanks for advice........(I think the bit about eating leftover wedding food put me off!.....oh and the labrador!!!)