Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kookaburra's won't come close to you...

Kookaburra's won't come close to you...

Old Aug 7th 2011, 11:49 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kookaburra's won't come close to you...

New friend of mine ...

Was out tinkering on me boat this arvo and this fella seemed to take quite an interest in what I was doing. He/she would fly to all angles from me and just sit there and watch ... It even gave me the fright of me life when it flew from one fence under the carport to the other, but underneath the carport! ...

I just showed a mate on Skype and he loves his wildlife, and reckons it's VERY strange to have one of them so close to you. At times it must've been 6 - 8', and close enough for me to wonder if it was gonna swoop me! ...

Do love the sound they make tho! ...

Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kookaburra's won't come close to you...

Might sound weird but has anyone close to you passed away recently? Might be a spirit bird .... they work hard to get your attention.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:48 pm
Dobro

huey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nice

Have fed wild ones by hand at a mates house. Once they know you will feed them they will take food from your hand.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:51 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say I got rather close to this one, then.
Attached Thumbnails Kookaburra's won't come close to you...-mykooky.jpg  
Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:53 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussietobe
Might sound weird but has anyone close to you passed away recently? Might be a spirit bird .... they work hard to get your attention.
Might sound weird?!
Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I just showed a mate on Skype and he loves his wildlife, and reckons it's VERY strange to have one of them so close to you. At times it must've been 6 - 8', and close enough for me to wonder if it was gonna swoop me! ...
He's no Bill Oddie then?! Anyone who's ever had a BBQ on a campsite will tell you exactly how close kookaburras will come to you!
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tartankoala
He's no Bill Oddie then?! Anyone who's ever had a BBQ on a campsite will tell you exactly how close kookaburras will come to you!
You're not kidding! ..... Camp kitchen .. lovely bush setting .. daughter tucking in to bacon and eggs for brekkie .. next thing one landed on her plate! Never seen her move so fast!!
Old Aug 7th 2011, 10:46 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

We had a pair of friendly kookaburras in Queensland. They'd come and be fed bits of liver.

It was a bit of a shock before we moved in though, when I was decorating the house and turned round to see one of them sat on my step ladders, passing judgement (fortunately that was all he was passing)
Attached Thumbnails Kookaburra's won't come close to you...-the_kookaburra.jpg   Kookaburra's won't come close to you...-kookie_on_the_pool_fence.jpg   Kookaburra's won't come close to you...-kookie_comes_inside.jpg  
Old Aug 7th 2011, 11:20 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

We have them come down onto our deck to be fed and we can stroke their backs.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:34 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

On Magnetic Island, my 6 year old daughter was just putting a piece of fish from fish and chips into her mouth when a Kookaburra flew down and stole it out of her hand.

I'd say that's pretty close!

BB
Old Aug 8th 2011, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of a large acerage we had when the kids were about 8 and 10, used to hold sleepovers for 20 odd kids

One of them had this incredible way with animals, he would coax all sorts of animals down, including a kookaburra and bring it into the house I really though he would get scratched to death but nope he was like some animal whisperer, real talent, though he would turn into the next steve irwin.

But last heard of drink driving on his L plates, nicking and crashing his father s car and caught doing a drug deal at the school formal

He was such a lovely child though
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Might sound weird?!
Ha Ha
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

This never happened then? See, BE's not just for expats
Attached Thumbnails Kookaburra's won't come close to you...-clever-kookie-2.jpg   Kookaburra's won't come close to you...-10.02.08-2.jpg   Kookaburra's won't come close to you...-cool-4.jpg  
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
This never happened then? See, BE's not just for expats
Would have thought Twitter would have been more his thing?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Might sound weird?!
You'll understand if you ever have a spirit bird come visit!!! It's incredible and spirit birds are told of in most world cultures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.