Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

koala in australia

koala in australia

Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: koala in australia

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
The wildest animal I have seen in the Illawarra so far was a rabbit !!
Sure it wasn't Hutch Did you see what I did there?

I'll get my coat
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:15 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Sure it wasn't Hutch Did you see what I did there?

I'll get my coat

Let me get it for you.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:19 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Theres stacks of them throughout country Victoria, The national park near where l live theres plenty of them, the babies on the mothers backs are really cute.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

You can see them in quite a few areas of Victoria. I was a wildlife ranger in one of the parks down here and we use to get asked all the time if it was possible for the public to hold the Koalas, unfortunately Victoria forbid this but you can hold them in Queensland and a lovely place to do this is: http://www.currumbin-sanctuary.org.au/
On a road trip from Melbourne to Sydney last Christmas we drove through Paynesville and stopped off at Raymond Island, we saw lots of koalas. Like others have said you will often see them on the GOR Drive.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently Stubbly-on-the-Minge. Soon to be Melbourne!!
Stilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the rough

Hmmm... I did the GoR and did not see one Koala.

Every time I stopped, however, I had a Wallaby looking at me! I began to think he was stalking me and hitching a lift on my bumper.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

You don't have to come to Australia to see them, they originated in Malaysia - Koala Lumpur was named after them, or maybe it was the other way round...

honestly!
Old Aug 29th 2009, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Nah....... Kuala Lumpur is to do with muddy rivers! Or maybe dirty marsupials!

You can cuddle Koalas in WA as well. There was a nice park in Armadale although it took ages to find it as no locals seemed to know it was there!

Taronga Zoo won't even allow you to stroke one as they say they get too stressed!

This Koala likes to be stroked...........
Old Aug 29th 2009, 2:33 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

You can get koalas in Adelaide in the hills zones and Adelaide hills or you can go to Kangaroo island were they are in plague proportions and are destroying the gum trees.................mm
Old Aug 31st 2009, 2:04 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

They are riddled with chlamydia
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

and? So are a fair number of humans, not quite sure what it has to do with anything though.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

I personally never saw a koala in the Adelaidee Hills and lived there for 10+years,thats not to say they're not there though!I know they are!We used to go to the Grampians (great place)in Victoria for holidays as kids sometimes and there were always alot there,as well and roo's and wallabies!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:38 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
and? So are a fair number of humans, not quite sure what it has to do with anything though.
It means they can not breed and are dying out in some places.

They have virtually disappeared from Noosa national Park

G
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim
... Taronga Zoo won't even allow you to stroke one as they say they get too stressed! ...
It is illegal for a member of the public to handle a Koala in New South Wales.

Kangaroo Island in South Australia is supposed to have more per square kilometre than anywhere else. They were introduced to that island and that may be fortunate because it is one of the few disease free populations in Australia.

If you are passing through Sydney, don't have much time and would like to see a few Australian living things go to Sydney Wildlife World in Darling Harbour. I do not like zoos especially small ones but this place seems to have got it right, the wildlife their seems to be natural and happy, there is a good selection of much that you can see anywhere.

Here's a video of the Koalas, if you want to see them moving get their early when they give them breakfast:

Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:23 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I personally never saw a koala in the Adelaidee Hills and lived there for 10+years,thats not to say they're not there though!I know they are!We used to go to the Grampians (great place)in Victoria for holidays as kids sometimes and there were always alot there,as well and roo's and wallabies!
You probably , Wer,nt " Living in reality " in those days ...mm
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:44 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen one on the edge of canberra .. I've also seen some emus walking by childrens play equipment in a park. All the kids loved it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.