Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Know anything about Oxenford, Qld ?

Know anything about Oxenford, Qld ?

Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:56 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all
Default Know anything about Oxenford, Qld ?

Just been looking at houses in Oxenford on Real Estate websites, they
seem to be really reasonably priced. Does anybody know anything about
this area of the Gold Coast ? I would appreciate any views anyone might
have.

Thanks,

Tracey x
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:01 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Know anything about Oxenford, Qld ?

It's at the North of the Gold Coast - next to Coomera - just off the highway into Brisbane. There are lots of new developments around that area - I think they call it a "growth corridor" or something like that.

carole
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Smile Re: Know anything about Oxenford, Qld ?

Originally Posted by cagandchris
It's at the North of the Gold Coast - next to Coomera - just off the highway into Brisbane. There are lots of new developments around that area - I think they call it a "growth corridor" or something like that.

carole
Friends of mine have just moved there from upper coomera they said it is perfect they have 3 kids 6, 14, 17 and they are all happy and settled Hillary works in logan so finds commuting easy hope this helps best wishes mary
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

I lived in Oxenford for 6 months, before buying a place the other side of the motorway in Helensvale.

Its a pretty good area to live, very convenient for the motorway, and the gold coast theme parks are very close, although you will not notice the traffic for these, as they feed straight off the motorway.

5 min outside Oxenford, you are in open countryside.

The Oxenford shopping centre is not very big, but there are some big shopping areas relatively close: they have also started construction on a huge Westfield shopping mall just down the road at Helensvale.

There are a lot of new houses going up around Oxenford, but these are typical new-build: i.e. piddly little back gardens. If you want acreage, there are some new developments just outside Oxenford (on the back road between Coomera and Nerang), which look quite nice.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

Oxenford used to be really in the sticks, but the GC has grown to reach it now and alot of rural area is being turned into housing estates. The first lot of estates had reasonable land sizes (1000m2) but now blocks are about 500 - 600m2. Many of the houses are the same package house too, making it well British style. Small blocks with uniform housing.

Shop wise, there is a supermarket, baker, newagent, all the basics are covered, nothing inspirational, maybe not even a coffee shop. But the area is growing all the time. A big shopping centre is going up in Helensvale (across the motroway) and possible plans to relocate Dreamworld and use the land for another shopping centre.

School wise, there are heaps of new schools in the area, obviously all with new equipment and facilities and many excellent new private schools choosing to open there too; a smorgasboard of educational choice.

I personally consider the area to be a bit featureless, nothing wrong with it as such, but best features are reasonably priced housing and good access to the M1.

Why not try looking at Mudgeeraba? It is also country-ish but has a lovely town centre and nice feel to the place. Slightly more Byron, than bleak suburbia.

Why did you choose Oxenford if you don't mind me asking? An old friend lives there in one of the first estates and is very happy. I asked her what the area offered her, which totally confused her. Eventually she said bushwalking. Anyway, she is quite happy that she has a brand new house that no-one else had lived in before and they got to choose all the fittings themselves, so it is to their tastes. She then drives to anywhere she needs to go on the Coast and isn't worried about the local "one horse town" shops.
Would this suit you?

Queenie

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
Just been looking at houses in Oxenford on Real Estate websites, they
seem to be really reasonably priced. Does anybody know anything about
this area of the Gold Coast ? I would appreciate any views anyone might
have.

Thanks,

Tracey x

Last edited by queenie; Sep 30th 2004 at 11:34 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Know anything about Oxenford, Qld ?

Originally Posted by Trevglas
I lived in Oxenford for 6 months, before buying a place the other side of the motorway in Helensvale.

Its a pretty good area to live, very convenient for the motorway, and the gold coast theme parks are very close, although you will not notice the traffic for these, as they feed straight off the motorway.

5 min outside Oxenford, you are in open countryside.

The Oxenford shopping centre is not very big, but there are some big shopping areas relatively close: they have also started construction on a huge Westfield shopping mall just down the road at Helensvale.

There are a lot of new houses going up around Oxenford, but these are typical new-build: i.e. piddly little back gardens. If you want acreage, there are some new developments just outside Oxenford (on the back road between Coomera and Nerang), which look quite nice.

Hi Trevglas, just noticed this post, whereabouts in Helensvale are you?, this is were we are going when we finally get the house sold.

We have friends who live in "The Shores" and we were over in May thought it was a really nice place and very impressed with the high school's reputation.

Also thought it was just close enough to the beaches yet not touristry at all, even with the theme parks around there.
I had a couple of games of soccer on the Thursday nights at the coomera sports fields as well. we found everyone really friendly, but I suppose we were given a head start by knowing people there.

But hope to see you over there as soon as our house is sold.

Cheers
D
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nice

Update on this old post.

Westfield Helensvale is due to be completed Oct 2005.

http://www.westfield.com/helensvale/

Many jobs are now being advertised here:

http://jobs.careerone.com.au/js.php?...romSearch.y=21

and if you need help finding somewhere to live on the Gold Coast:

http://goldcoastrealestate.info/for_...properties.asp !

My website is slowly growing, offering info on everything about living on the Gold Coast. So far, 150 pages!