Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kiwi's wanting to move to OZ.

Kiwi's wanting to move to OZ.

Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:47 pm
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice
Default Kiwi's wanting to move to OZ.

Quite a few Kiwi's who live near us with families are trying to , thinking of or wanting to move to OZ
Why:

Better life style

Better Weather

More money

Better prospects for the kids

Better Shops, schools etc.

Sounds familiar to why alot of people want to move here from the UK.

Do Australians think the same about NZ?

Kev.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:49 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

oh cripes here we go.... open season....
Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Lets not go there!!!

All i will say, is my kiwi husband couldnt wait to get out!
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:02 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

Originally posted by podgypossum
Lets not go there!!!

All i will say, is my kiwi husband couldnt wait to get out!
oh pp, don't let my comment put you off.... let it rip!
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

LMAO...no no...not yet..its too early in the morning for me..i'll work my way up to an onslaught later in the day
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:20 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kiwi's wanting to move to OZ.

Originally posted by St George Six
Quite a few Kiwi's who live near us with families are trying to , thinking of or wanting to move to OZ
Why:

Better life style

Better Weather

More money

Better prospects for the kids

Better Shops, schools etc.

Sounds familiar to why alot of people want to move here from the UK.

Do Australians think the same about NZ?

Kev.
No. Aussies have a big superiority complex over NZ which probably blinkers them to any advantages that NZ might have. There are an increasing number of Aussies going across the ditch but the numbers are insignificant compared to the amount going to Europe for work and study opportunities.

The Aussies that I know who work in NZ (for the company I work for) hate it. They find the superiority complex is not too popular amongst Kiwis.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:34 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

Originally posted by bondipom
No. Aussies have a big superiority complex over NZ which probably blinkers them to any advantages that NZ might have. There are an increasing number of Aussies going across the ditch but the numbers are insignificant compared to the amount going to Europe for work and study opportunities.

The Aussies that I know who work in NZ (for the company I work for) hate it. They find the superiority complex is not too popular amongst Kiwis.
it seems this superiority complex has rubbed off on a few of your aussie resident brits. most people who actually like nz who used to post to this forum have since migrated to another 'superiority complex' free forum. I asked on that forum once if anyone there didn't like living in NZ - there were many responses but from memory everybody said they liked it.

completely different story on this site...

(btw I think it's fair enough for people not to like it - each to their own)
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:46 pm

Originally posted by jandjuk
it seems this superiority complex has rubbed off on a few of your aussie resident brits. most people who actually like nz who used to post to this forum have since migrated to another 'superiority complex' free forum. I asked on that forum once if anyone there didn't like living in NZ - there were many responses but from memory everybody said they liked it.

The evidence I have sited is anecdotal and I am sure there are plenty of happy Aussies in NZ. Apparently traffic is more biased to going to NZ over the ditch. A lot of Kiwis returning home.

Parochialism is rife here and as you pointed out before Kiwis can be just as guilty.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hereby appologise to all kiwi residents i have offended.... but dont you think they are being a bit touchy?
Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

I like NZ. Its relatively unspoiled, the snow and the beach are never far away, people are mostly friendly. But the pay is low and if youre in business you get taxed out of existence unless you deal in cash like all the Asians and indians do with their dairies and bakeries. jobs are limited, the quality of schooling has turned to custard - by the way Govt plans to close down 300 schools over next 10 years beginning this year . The labour Govt here is a bunch of Commies, the future for my kids looks bleak here, there is racial disharmony and resentment is growing, billions of tax money is poured into the Treaty Gravy train. The ones who have it made here are; the long term unemployed, terrorists, boat people, asylum seakers, refugees, criminals, Maori activists, layers on the treaty gravy train.

Anyway I cant wait to get out of here as well. Im sick of the whole system of screwing those who work hard to get somewhere when tax $ are poured into those who want something for nothing.

NZ is a beautiful place but its being stuffed up completely by a bunch of labour liberal commie politicians. Recent poll here placed politicians last on the list of most repected professions.

recent news - interst rates went up .25% yesterday and expected to go up another .75% by end of year, 300 schools to close, Govt petrol tax of another 5c per litre to kick in soon (1.10 at present).

I dont find Aussies have a superiority complex any more than Brits have one. I think Brits can be stroppy and never short of confidance and Aussies can have big egos and be a bit crude but thats Ok. Were still all related.

Graham
Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:38 pm

Originally posted by glhall
I like NZ. Its relatively unspoiled, the snow and the beach are never far away, people are mostly friendly. But the pay is low and if youre in business you get taxed out of existence unless you deal in cash like all the Asians and indians do with their dairies and bakeries. jobs are limited, the quality of schooling has turned to custard - by the way Govt plans to close down 300 schools over next 10 years beginning this year . The labour Govt here is a bunch of Commies, the future for my kids looks bleak here, there is racial disharmony and resentment is growing, billions of tax money is poured into the Treaty Gravy train. The ones who have it made here are; the long term unemployed, terrorists, boat people, asylum seakers, refugees, criminals, Maori activists, layers on the treaty gravy train.

Anyway I cant wait to get out of here as well. Im sick of the whole system of screwing those who work hard to get somewhere when tax $ are poured into those who want something for nothing.

NZ is a beautiful place but its being stuffed up completely by a bunch of labour liberal commie politicians. Recent poll here placed politicians last on the list of most repected professions.

recent news - interst rates went up .25% yesterday and expected to go up another .75% by end of year, 300 schools to close, Govt petrol tax of another 5c per litre to kick in soon (1.10 at present).

I dont find Aussies have a superiority complex any more than Brits have one. I think Brits can be stroppy and never short of confidance and Aussies can have big egos and be a bit crude but thats Ok. Were still all related.

Graham
Where are you off to to avoid the red peril that NZ is turning into?
Old Jan 30th 2004, 10:03 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

Originally posted by glhall

Graham

had a bad experience then? or just bitter in general?

mmmmm custard
Old Jan 30th 2004, 10:07 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi you lot.
So you made it through the rest of the flight ok and wern't turned away by the kiwi immagration people then??

(remember us, we were sat on the same flight out as you on 21st oct)

Havn't seen you on till now, hows it all going??
Old Jan 30th 2004, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

had a bad experience then? or just bitter in general?

mmmmm custard
Both but a bad experience was the final straw.

When you see the liberal vomit pouring forth from the mouth of the Labour govt year after year you can get so sick of it the best thing for everyone is to leave. Polys gave themselves a pay rise the other day - 15% - everyone else in the country got 2 -3%

Plus the money over here is lower than a snakes backside.

I would like better for my Kids.

Bondi Pom asked where I was going to get away from the Red peril. Howards not a commie is he?

Graham
Old Jan 30th 2004, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I agree with everything Graham has said. Go search out one of NZs most infamous MPs, Nandos Tanchos... a rastafarian, 30 something skateboarder, who is a self confessed dope smoker.
Now... i have no porblem with anyone being any of the (apart form drugs which i hate) but how can you be taken seriously in the halls of government ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.