Kitchens

Old Jan 7th 2007, 2:48 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of
Default Kitchens

Has any one had a new kitchen fitted in perth area?
or needs a kitchen to be fitted?
If so how much did it cost or you are willing to pay?
and what you had done and how long it took
just asking as i fit kitchens in the uk.

any info would be good
thanks
lew
Old Jan 7th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kitchens

Hi

Very interested in this thread, so have posted a reply so that I get the updates - We are thinking about doing our kitchen out, its 12 years old and needs updating have no ideas on where to start
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:25 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lewandkate

any info would be good
thanks
lew
Hi we needed a new kitchen and I went to a company called Kitcraft Kitchens. To fit a new kitchen (does not include removing old one) they quoted approx $7,0000. This is by no means a fancy kitchen and was an average amount of cupboards (no wall ones either!!!!). No appliances included and just a double sink. Hope that helps. We ended up going to Ikea and doing it ourselves for just under $4,0000.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:27 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Kitchens

Originally Posted by cherry6
Hi we needed a new kitchen and I went to a company called Kitcraft Kitchens. To fit a new kitchen (does not include removing old one) they quoted approx $7,0000. This is by no means a fancy kitchen and was an average amount of cupboards (no wall ones either!!!!). No appliances included and just a double sink. Hope that helps. We ended up going to Ikea and doing it ourselves for just under $4,0000.
Um... I think you might have too many zeroes there...
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, was starting to panic about the price of kitchens never mind bananas!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:35 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Um... I think you might have too many zeroes there...
LOL yes sorry bout that. Was dreaming of the lottery.........
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:22 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

any info would be good
thanks
lew
Good question and one we would be interested in. Sam is going to try repainting the laminate to see if that looks better but if it ends up streaky we may have to replace.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 12:48 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

A cheap way of doing it is to simply replace doors with new. The carcass/cabinet is standard metric sizes and usually the oh so classy white melamine.

Did a kitchen once like that and looked awesome.

Alternatively look for actual cabinet makers and not kitchen shops. You'll find the prices are a lot less. They make to order and will help you design. We sat in a workshop going over ours which is less glossy than sat in a showroom but the price difference was about half and frankly the finish is awesome with granite surfaces, glass splashbacks and so on. I doubt I would have paid to have those things from the usual kitchen places.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 4:23 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

We did the same, had a look around, went to kitcraft and other establishments which wanted up to 40k (they were the b*llocks though) for a kitchen and ended back in Ikea. Brought the basic carcases and doors - went to town with oven/fridge etc and had a bench top made and some glass splashbacks...looks nice, quite pleased with it.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:17 am
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by claire edwards
We did the same, had a look around, went to kitcraft and other establishments which wanted up to 40k (they were the b*llocks though) for a kitchen and ended back in Ikea. Brought the basic carcases and doors - went to town with oven/fridge etc and had a bench top made and some glass splashbacks...looks nice, quite pleased with it.
Thanks for the replies,
Replacing doors and worktops is something I do here aswell, keeps the cost down and totally transforms the kitchen.

Thanks
Lew
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Melchels is on a distinguished road

any info would be good
thanks
lew
We decided to keep the daggy cupboards for a while because we got a shock at the cost of decent appliances! About 40% more than in UK for a good Oven & Hob (sorry, cooktop in aussie). I wouldn't go for a cheap Westinghouse, bad experiences with one in a rental property, better cooking in direct sunlight than with the heat regulation in that oven!

One thing I would suggest is haggle! we got an oven with $900 off the ticket price by playing one shop off against another. (Buy Cosch rather than Neff, same factory but Bosch prices can be discounted!)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:00 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

thanks for all the info
anyone needing a new kitchen after april let me know we be happy to fit at a good price.

also how long it most companies take to fit your kitchen
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=lewandkate;4260663]thanks for all the info
anyone needing a new kitchen after april let me know we be happy to fit at a good price.

Hi

Whereabouts in Perth will you be? Because if you are based say south of the river will you be interested in work in the Northern Subs like Mindarie??
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:31 am
Emily, Luke and Libby

[QUOTE=kimi;4261307]
thanks for all the info

Hi

Whereabouts in Perth will you be? Because if you are based say south of the river will you be interested in work in the Northern Subs like Mindarie??
Hi Kimi,
We are looking at SOR as thats what we know, but all depends on where we can afford to buy.
Lew has always had to travel to work so he's used to it, most of his work here is based in London.
Mindarie wouldn't be a Problem.

Kate
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:34 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
A cheap way of doing it is to simply replace doors with new. The carcass/cabinet is standard metric sizes and usually the oh so classy white melamine.

Did a kitchen once like that and looked awesome.

Alternatively look for actual cabinet makers and not kitchen shops. You'll find the prices are a lot less. They make to order and will help you design. We sat in a workshop going over ours which is less glossy than sat in a showroom but the price difference was about half and frankly the finish is awesome with granite surfaces, glass splashbacks and so on. I doubt I would have paid to have those things from the usual kitchen places.
I'd rather go for more free standing solid wood stuff you could move around but yet to convince hubby.

We had kitchen in UK made by cabnit maker to our specs worked out very well.

Plus if you can swing it go for granite tops you can stand hot pans straight on and only thing that stains is occasional curry if not wiped straight off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.