Reload this Page >

King Bed, anyone?

King Bed, anyone?

Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

ads02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default King Bed, anyone?

Hi All out there.

Hubby brought home a king size bed not knowing that all our linen was Queen Size! ! Now am offering it for sale for local pick up. Brand new in beech finish, with leather look headboard - throwing away at AU$ 300 (We'd bought it at AU$ 799).

If anyone is keen on having more details please PM me.

Cheers,

ADS
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: King Bed, anyone?

Originally Posted by ads02
Hi All out there.

Hubby brought home a king size bed not knowing that all our linen was Queen Size! ! Now am offering it for sale for local pick up. Brand new in beech finish, with leather look headboard - throwing away at AU$ 300 (We'd bought it at AU$ 799).

Cheers,

ADS
OMG I'd never let my man shop without me...esp for a bed anyway would it not be a good idea to treat yourselves to some new bedding rather than basically give the bed away....just a thought
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

ads02 is an unknown quantity at this point

You bet!

I'll probably end up using it if I don't get a buyer! New bedding it will be, then!!! Just that I'd rather have a queen size one if I can sell this one.

ads
Old Jan 6th 2006, 2:02 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

I am guessing you have never slept in an Australian king size bed, they are fantastic, not to be confused with a UK king size, which is 9 inches narrower. The amount of room you have in the bed is brilliant, we would never change ours. Give it a go, and get $100 of new bedding, job sorted.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 5:19 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All out there.

Cheers,

ADS
Would it not be more cost effective to buy new bedding rather than lose money on your new bed? ...just a thought?

....sorry should have read the threads below first!
Old Jan 6th 2006, 11:30 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

We brought our bed with us - a 6' wide one from the UK just in case you couldn't get 6' wide over here - would never go back to a smaller one now especially in this heat!!
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:26 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

We have looked at Kingsize beds over here and they didn't look like UK Super Kings which are 1'ft bigger than UK kingsize so that would make an Aussie Kingsize only 3" smaller than UK Super Kingsize.

Ikea here also do not do all the Super Kingsize bedding they do in the UK or the mattress's... .
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:33 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

I'd never give up my king bed! Most comfortable bed ive ever owned and the main reasons for it is the ability to slide as far away from your partner as you wish on very hot nights making for a good nights sleep.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All out there.

Cheers,

ADS
Why cant you take it back to the shop and exchange it for a queensize bed??
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:31 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Why cant you take it back to the shop and exchange it for a queensize bed??
My thoughts exactly. Or just buy new bedding at K-mart for $30 ea.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 1:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You bet!

I'll probably end up using it if I don't get a buyer! New bedding it will be, then!!! Just that I'd rather have a queen size one if I can sell this one.

ads
Why would you prefer a Queen size to a King
Old Jan 9th 2006, 2:22 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Can someone please tell me the difference between king and queen size in Australia i am not bringing my bed out or any bedding (apart from piglets for him to have some familiarity) just buying all new. Obviously would like a big a bed as poss and was planning to buy most of our furniture in Ikea.

Cheers Poshrice
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:24 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshrice
Can someone please tell me the difference between king and queen size in Australia i am not bringing my bed out or any bedding (apart from piglets for him to have some familiarity) just buying all new. Obviously would like a big a bed as poss and was planning to buy most of our furniture in Ikea.

Cheers Poshrice
It's not easy!
Try:
http://www.answers.com/topic/bed-furniture
Scroll down about half-way for measuremnets

Andrew
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:32 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by poshrice

Cheers Poshrice
Australian Bed Sizes:
These Mattress sizes from : http://www.latexmattress.com.au/products.htm

Single 1880 x 915mm
King Single 2030 x 1070mm
Double 1880 x 1370mm
Queen 2030 x 1520mm
King 2030 x 1830mm

Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Originally Posted by annqldau
We have looked at Kingsize beds over here and they didn't look like UK Super Kings which are 1'ft bigger than UK kingsize so that would make an Aussie Kingsize only 3" smaller than UK Super Kingsize.

Ikea here also do not do all the Super Kingsize bedding they do in the UK or the mattress's... .
We brought a Super Kingsize bed over from the UK and the Aussie king size linen fits it perfectly. Bit pricey though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.