Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Killara, Roseville, Lindfield, Gordon

Killara, Roseville, Lindfield, Gordon

Old Nov 21st 2005, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future
Default Killara, Roseville, Lindfield, Gordon

Can anybody tell me how far these suburbs are from the beach?

I know they are classed as upper north shore of Sydney and are potentially expensive as they are on the train line, but they are also in the catchment area of Killara High School which as a very good reputation?

Any info on these suburbs much appreciated.

Debs
Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Killara, Roseville, Lindfield, Gordon

Originally Posted by debilloyd
Can anybody tell me how far these suburbs are from the beach?

I know they are classed as upper north shore of Sydney and are potentially expensive as they are on the train line, but they are also in the catchment area of Killara High School which as a very good reputation?

Any info on these suburbs much appreciated.

Debs
Nice suburbs - expensive, great schools. More than 1/2 hr drive to the beach.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Trax is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Debs,

My girls go to school in Gordon, though we do live a little further out. We looked at buying in the areas you mentioned, but you get a little less for your money - smaller gardens, more built up etc, than if you move further out to Turramurra or St. Ives.

Killara High has got a good reputation (I think Elle McPherson went there), but there are also some good private schools in the area. They are not as expensive as private schools in the UK either.

Killara East seems to be newer from what I've seen, with some huge houses, but a lot of them are really ugly! Also, it a quite a way from the station, though closer to Killara High School. I quite like Lindfield. There is a prep school (K to Yr2) called Highfields which I have heard some good reports about (don't know if this applies to you).

THere is a website called www.domain.com.au which gives you a profile for each area, and can be quite useful. I think the post code for Lindfield/Killara are 2070 and 2071.

Trax
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Trax
Hi Debs,

My girls go to school in Gordon, though we do live a little further out. We looked at buying in the areas you mentioned, but you get a little less for your money - smaller gardens, more built up etc, than if you move further out to Turramurra or St. Ives.

Killara High has got a good reputation (I think Elle McPherson went there), but there are also some good private schools in the area. They are not as expensive as private schools in the UK either.

Killara East seems to be newer from what I've seen, with some huge houses, but a lot of them are really ugly! Also, it a quite a way from the station, though closer to Killara High School. I quite like Lindfield. There is a prep school (K to Yr2) called Highfields which I have heard some good reports about (don't know if this applies to you).

THere is a website called www.domain.com.au which gives you a profile for each area, and can be quite useful. I think the post code for Lindfield/Killara are 2070 and 2071.

Trax
Thanks for the info Trax, much appreciated.

Debs