kids views

Old Jan 3rd 2003, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kids views

i wanted to ask what australian schools are like. i am 11. my sister is 13 we hope to move to brisbane this year, will i be in the same school as my sister. are the schools strict, do we wear school uniform. and do we have to have a blood test at the medical. is it scary when you have your medical, can my mom come in with me to see the doctor.i want to take my dog but i am worried she will scared without me. how long will she be in kennels. where are the nearest kennels to brisbane, so i can visit her.i have lots more questions but i will let someone answer these first if you have the time, i am very scared about moving incase i cant make any new friends. luv from lyndi, i am andies daughter. xx
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: kids views

Originally posted by andie
i wanted to ask what australian schools are like. i am 11. my sister is 13 we hope to move to brisbane this year, will i be in the same school as my sister. are the schools strict, do we wear school uniform. and do we have to have a blood test at the medical. is it scary when you have your medical, can my mom come in with me to see the doctor.i want to take my dog but i am worried she will scared without me. how long will she be in kennels. where are the nearest kennels to brisbane, so i can visit her.i have lots more questions but i will let someone answer these first if you have the time, i am very scared about moving incase i cant make any new friends. luv from lyndi, i am andies daughter. xx
Hi Lyndi

I think You will go to primary school until the year you are 12,Your sister will start at high school. My daughter is 12 and is looking forward to moving to Perth,obviously she will miss friends and family but has out weighed the pros and cons and decided She really wants to go now.
You will not have to have a blood test at the medical,but you will both need an xray,this is very quick and painless! I went in with my daughter for her xray and her medical test,it was very quick, the dr will look at your eyes,ears and throat and give you a short eye test,think Lauren was only in there 5 minutes.
I am sure you will love Australia and soon get used to your new life.

Hope this helps you a little.

Love Sharon x
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

To Sharon.

i am very scared about going on the plane, but i have been on a airoplane before.
but only to near places.
my mom has been to brisbane, because thats were we are moving.she really loved it!
THANKYOU for telling me about the medicals, im not as nervous now. I have to go now because my mom is telling me to go to bed!
Goodnight love from lyndi xxxxxxxx
Old Jan 3rd 2003, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Hi
My name is Emma (I am 10 nearly 11)
I went for my medical today - 3-1-03
It was perfectly fine - I went in to see the doctor and my mum came in with me. All the doctor did was ask me to touch my toes, do an eye test, look in my ears, eyes and mouth, took my blood pressure, listened to my lungs and heart, banged my knees with a hammer (didn`t hurt - honest) and that was about it!
I had to have an xray (my mum didn`t come in but the lady was nice and mum could have come in but I was OK to do it myself).
I did not have to have a blood test - only 15 years and older.

We also hope to go to Brisbane (North or Sunshine Coast) - I`m an only child so I`ll have to go to school by myself but it will be good cos I`ll meet loads of new friends. I have got 2 cousins there but they are younger so maybe I can babysit them.
I would be good if we could email each other to keep in touch and get addresses when we get there??
We won`t go til the end of the year so I finish year 6 and maybe start at secondary school for a month or 2 - thats more scary than doing an extra year at primary in Oz!

Bye for now

Emma
Old Jan 4th 2003, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi emma, thanks for replying, iam not as worried about the medicals now, just didnt want a blood test. when did you apply for your visas. weve been waiting 18 months now. i cant wait to move im so excited. we have friends in brisbane, but they are alot younger than me. i have never been to oz, my mom has, she loved it, and says we will to. she only saw a few huntsman spiders and they were quite big, she pushed them outside with a broom. she saw a big cane toad as well.
i am sad about leaving my nan, and all my friends. i hope my nan and aunties and uncles will come and visit is.
have you been to brisbane? are you taking any pets with you? bye for now love lyndi xxxxxxxxxxx :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 4th 2003, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

Some schools in Brisbane have two sets of girls uniform one for winter (much like the english school uniforms) and one for summer (like you might see on Neighbours / Home & Away).

Other schools may not have a uniform requirement?

Here are some links to Schools' websites

http://bggs.qld.edu.au/
http://www.allhallows.qld.edu.au/

http://www.privateschoolsguide.com/home.htm
http://www.isd.com.au/srchbri.htm
http://www.edn.gu.edu.au/school_junc..._list.html#qld
http://www.schools.ash.org.au/browse.asp

Also here is a link to the AQIS guide to importing dogs into Australia
http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...200060A1B01896
Old Jan 5th 2003, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: kids views

Hi Lyndi,
I am Rachael and I am 11 too!I am immagrating to Oz in 3 weeks
I am from Liverpool but live in Jeddah Saudi Arabia!I have been here for all my life.I am sick of it! You can not do anything coz its mad!I already know all about my school and I know every school has a uniform!? Oh yeah and I have been to Brisbane 6 times! Itz sooooooooooo fun and hot! So wear loads of sunscreen! Yeah the schools are dead strict! My cousins all go to school in brisbane and their schools are dead strict and no schools have mixed religion u have 2 go to a school with ure relgion.I have to wait 6 months till my dog can come out of kennel shes going to Australia on Wednesday. I will miss her!I am Susans {susmacs} daughter.

Rachael!
Old Jan 5th 2003, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Cool kids view

Hi Im Daniel but liked to be called Danny, Im 12, got a brother Steve who is 14, we are hopefully moving to Perth in 2003. We are both looking forward to moving, even if we are leaving friends and family behind, I would feel better if we had some mates via the internet before we get there, to see what's going down in Oz.
we only know one family but they have no children our age.
Anyone interested please reply to this message or I will be billy no mates!!!!!!

c-ya Danny
Old Jan 5th 2003, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi to you all,
racheal can you tell me a bit more about sending your dog, im really worried about my dog i think she will be lonely without me. how much did it cost for your dog to emmigrate with you. we are going to get our dog microchipped very soon. did your dog have to have lots of tests. which quarantine kennels is your dog going to, as there isnt one in brisbane is there? what part of brissy are you moving to? how long did you wait before you got your visas, i hate the waiting, i want to sort out all my stuff and get ready, i might have to do a carboot, ive got so much stuff.

danny im sure you and your brother wont be billy no mates, my sister is nearly 14 like your brother. are you scared about emigrating ? i am but also very excited. have you had your medicals and visas yet. are you taking any pets, we are leaving our cat which is sad. when we are ready to move we are going to have a big leaving party.

write back if you have time. happy new year.
love lyndi and sister melanie. xxx
Old Jan 5th 2003, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice
Cool Re: kids views

Hi lyndi,

I'm Hannah and I'm nearly 11. We are going to Newcastle in Australia in August and I'm a bit scared about starting a new school where I won't know anyone. My grandparents live there and i have 2 cousins who live there too but we won't be living near my cousins as they live in Canberra. I know a couple of my mums friends kids and they are already in High School but I might not go to the same school as them.

I'm upset about leaving my old friends and family here as well as my cat Cleo who is nearly 18 years old. She is too old to take with us so we are leaving her with my other grandma here.

I was also scared about the medical but it was really easy (apart from trying to wee in a little pot - not easy!!!!) and the doctor was really nice. It only took about 5-10 mins and my mum stayed with me.

Its nice to talk on here with other kids who are doing the same as me. I haven't told any of my friends here because of my dad's work i'm not allowed too yet. It's been really hard to keep the secret but it won't be for much longer. Have to go now. Hope to speak on here again.

Bye - from Hannah.
Old Jan 5th 2003, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

danny im sure you and your brother wont be billy no mates, my sister is nearly 14 like your brother. are you scared about emigrating ? i am but also very excited. have you had your medicals and visas yet. are you taking any pets, we are leaving our cat which is sad. when we are ready to move we are going to have a big leaving party.

Hi Lyndi and Melanie
I'm not scared about emigrating (i think) but I am excited too. We have had the medicals done and police checks, but no visa yet, we have been waiting nearly 18 months. We are goin to Perth. We are taking our pet dog Winston, he is a labrador and only 3 1/2 years old, Why are you leaving your cat? We might be having a leaving party not sure yet.
I will send you a PM with my e-mail address if you want to keep in touch
c-ya Danny
Old Jan 5th 2003, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default to hannah

hi hanna, im scared about going to a new school aswell. the thought of walking in on my own really freaks me out, i wont be in the same school as my sister shes 2years older than me.
i hope i dont miss the little wee pot eeeerhhhh.
i wish our medicals would hurry up i really want to get them over and done with. oh well they.ll come one of the days, and then i.ll scive a day off school. We have a bottle of champayne ready to drink for when the visas arrive, well actually we have to keep replacing it cus mom and dad keep stealing it.
are you worried about leaving your cat, at least your cat will go to a nice home, i dont have anyone who can look after my cat.
hear from you soon love lyndi.

Last edited by andie; Jan 5th 2003 at 8:44 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2003, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by abergas

Hi Lyndi and Melanie
I'm not scared about emigrating (i think) but I am excited too. We have had the medicals done and police checks, but no visa yet, we have been waiting nearly 18 months. We are goin to Perth. We are taking our pet dog Winston, he is a labrador and only 3 1/2 years old, Why are you leaving your cat? We might be having a leaving party not sure yet.
I will send you a PM with my e-mail address if you want to keep in touch

Last edited by andie; Jan 5th 2003 at 8:46 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2003, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi danny thanks for email address i will reply soon.
how much is it going to cost to take winston. we are leaving our cat as it is too much hassle to take a dog and cat, and our cat would kill all the lovely birds. when are your visas due. as weve also been waiting for 18 months.love from lyndi :scared:
Old Jan 5th 2003, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

mimi.d is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im amelia,

im 13, and ive been waiting for my visa for 3 years. ive been to auzzie twice now and its great! my uncle and aunt live out there
they've been giving there support. im gettin worried about the flight . and im nervous about goin to there schools, are they ok?

see ya ----x-----!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.