Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids outdoor climbing sets

Kids outdoor climbing sets

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:36 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kids outdoor climbing sets

I'm trying to research whether it would be better to buy an "all singing , all dancing" climbing frame before we move or to buy one in Oz . The sort of thing i'm after is a wooden or plastic frame with a house on top,slide,swings,climbing wall,climbing net and so on. Can find some websites for the Uk but struggling for places i might buy this sort of thing in Oz.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks M J
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kids outdoor climbing sets

Hi MJ

If your buying in the UK buy metal as you won't get a wood one through customs without a large bill. We had to sell our rainbow monster playframe before we left UK, can't seem to find one as good here though at present in wood (maybe it's the humidity).

Jane
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking for one before Christmas, and to be honest I couldn't find anything more than the one in this book (page 3): http://www.toysrus.com.au/site/12417...29_pg06-10.pdf

I'd probably bring one if I was already shipping. Although I would get either metal or plastic.

Don't forget to spray it with mortein regularly though, spiders just love to hide in things like this
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

I'm probably a bit biased as my hubby was the new product designer at TP in the UK - so my 2 were a bit spoilt growing up

But the frames that I have seen over here seem very 'cheap' in comparison - but to be fair I haven't seen that many - we gave away 2 massive climbing - swing - slide set things in the UK because they were wood.

Hills do a large metal range - http://www.onlinedirect.hills.com.au...ducts/D0000SAG

There is a TP stockist in Perth though if you are going that way - http://www.tptoys.com/stockists/?countryid=5784. They asked us when we left if we would be interested in setting up as suppliers in Adelaide but it seemed like too big a deal at the time - and not sure of demand.

Just had a mooch at their site and my kids are still in their product shots - quite sweet!

Nikki
x
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

How about one of these http://www.cubbyhouse.com.au/shopmas...at2=Large+Fort

What sort of price range were you looking at?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:43 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by M J
I'm trying to research whether it would be better to buy an "all singing , all dancing" climbing frame before we move or to buy one in Oz . The sort of thing i'm after is a wooden or plastic frame with a house on top,slide,swings,climbing wall,climbing net and so on. Can find some websites for the Uk but struggling for places i might buy this sort of thing in Oz.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks M J
We struggled to find the range that you can get in the UK, and I agree the ones we found were "cheap" looking and we decided it wasnt worth it in the end, you can get some pretty fab looking Cubby Houses, but they are not cheap and I personally think they are a great House for the kids to play in but also a GREAT house for the Red Backs tooooooo!!!!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Dr Playground is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi you can buy commercial quality play eqyipmen from Forpark Australia. They are one of Australias oldest playequipment manufacturers. You will also need to consider putting down a softfall surface, such as wood chip or some of the new synthetic soft fall surfaces. Further information on rubber softfall can be found at http://www.playcover.com.au

Last edited by Dr Playground; Feb 13th 2008 at 7:41 am. Reason: spelling