Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids medicals....

Kids medicals....

Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:20 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kids medicals....

Have to arrange for medicals soon and have chatted to our kids about them, but don't really know what it involves for them, other than height, weight, etc. but would like to know so that they know what to expect.
We have two kids, a son of 13 and a daughter of 10. Any ideas? C x
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

clivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really nice
Default Re: Kids medicals....

Originally Posted by shiels
Have to arrange for medicals soon and have chatted to our kids about them, but don't really know what it involves for them, other than height, weight, etc. but would like to know so that they know what to expect.
We have two kids, a son of 13 and a daughter of 10. Any ideas? C x
Hi really easy for them, alot of questions that you will answer as you can be present then its urine sample, height, weight, blood pressure, eye seight test, and say arrggh !! strip down to underware behind a curtain (we have a 14 year old self conscious daughter and she was fine with it) and doc will listen to heart and lungs and do the cough and drop that my 11 year old boy found very funny.
thats about it if you are over 15 you need a blood test also.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:31 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clivefawcett
Hi really easy for them, alot of questions that you will answer as you can be present then its urine sample, height, weight, blood pressure, eye seight test, and say arrggh !! strip down to underware behind a curtain (we have a 14 year old self conscious daughter and she was fine with it) and doc will listen to heart and lungs and do the cough and drop that my 11 year old boy found very funny.
Thanks.
Thats a relief, thought they might have had to have blood tests and dont think the thought of a needle would fill them with delight!!! C x
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

was a skoosh for our 2 kids, did not need to strip down. Youngest is only 4 so he bypassed the eyesight test as i told him she did not know all the alphabet properly. kids were in 5 mins each if that, they only other thing he done not mentioned was he checked their reflexes and joints . with wee knocking tool etc.

sj
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:00 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

For our kids (5 and 7, boy and girl) it was great, just a urine test, eyesight test, reflex test, listened to heart and lungs. All fully clothed and we all stayed in the room together. It obviously vaires a bit but our clinic gave me full details of what was involved before we went, might be worth shopping around if possible to avoid the ones that go for undressing - my daughter loves anything medical but my 5 year old boy doesn't and where we went was very friendly (should be when u are paying!) and the Dr was great with the kids.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

cakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Kids medicals....

hi
as said previously in this thread, easy peasy - EXCEPT - trying to get a urine sample from my six year old girl was a nightmare. she only wanted me (dad) to do it, as she is small when sitting on the toilet she basically falls down it & you can only see her from the chest up with her feet sticking out! then i had to put my hand inside the bowl from the front, get her to pee on demand in to the bottle, & not get any on me!

In the end she cried as she was anxious, pissed all over my hand and arm & got only 1 drop in the bottle - litterally! lol

so be prepared, and drink lots of water before & during your waiting time.

good luck
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cakeychef
hi
as said previously in this thread, easy peasy - EXCEPT - trying to get a urine sample from my six year old girl was a nightmare. she only wanted me (dad) to do it, as she is small when sitting on the toilet she basically falls down it & you can only see her from the chest up with her feet sticking out! then i had to put my hand inside the bowl from the front, get her to pee on demand in to the bottle, & not get any on me!

In the end she cried as she was anxious, pissed all over my hand and arm & got only 1 drop in the bottle - litterally! lol

so be prepared, and drink lots of water before & during your waiting time.

good luck
PMSL - note to self, must remember rubber gloves and a funnel