Kelvin Grove

Old May 7th 2006, 2:14 pm
Ben&Jill

Ben1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Kelvin Grove

Hi does anyone know what the area roughly 30-40 minutes drive east of Kelvin Grove is like.My husband has a job based at Kelvin Grove but this is too close to the city for us to actually live(too expensive)and not our cup of tea! we need to find a good area with decent schools for our kids aged Ten and seven. I realise that this is a large area, sorry I cant be more specific but we really have not got a clue what we are letting ourselves in for :scared: not having visited Australia before.
Old May 7th 2006, 9:54 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kelvin Grove

If you work at KG you could probably choose anywhere on the Northside to live. 30-40 mins drive east would put you in the middle of the ocean , there really isnt anywhere east of KG that is suburban, mainly the airport, industrial areas & a couple of other inner city suburbs & the sea. You would probably have to go north or west, depending on what you are looking for.

Is there a reason, apart from price that you dont think KG will suit you? What sort of budget? You have mentioned nothing about what you want (new/old/big/small/gardensize/amenities etc) apart from good schools! Plenty of good schools in Brisbane, there are no league tables so you can generally only go on instinct & other peoples recommendation. Do you want state or private? All makes a difference.

If you give some indication of what you want someone may be able to help you .
Old May 8th 2006, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

What type of area are you looking for ? We live in Ferny Grove,about 20 mins drive from Kelvin Grove & we love it here, right on the edge of Brisbane Forrest Park.
Old May 8th 2006, 3:46 am
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ben1
Hi does anyone know what the area roughly 30-40 minutes drive east of Kelvin Grove is like.My husband has a job based at Kelvin Grove but this is too close to the city for us to actually live(too expensive)and not our cup of tea! we need to find a good area with decent schools for our kids aged Ten and seven. I realise that this is a large area, sorry I cant be more specific but we really have not got a clue what we are letting ourselves in for :scared: not having visited Australia before.
I think a 30-40 mins drive east of Kelvin grove will put you in the ocean
Old May 8th 2006, 4:49 am
Just Joined

racquet is an unknown quantity at this point

Ferny Hills, Arana Hills,Everton Hills ,are all good areas west of KG ,good houses at reasonable prices - Paul
Old May 8th 2006, 6:14 pm
Ben&Jill

Ben1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
If you work at KG you could probably choose anywhere on the Northside to live. 30-40 mins drive east would put you in the middle of the ocean , there really isnt anywhere east of KG that is suburban, mainly the airport, industrial areas & a couple of other inner city suburbs & the sea. You would probably have to go north or west, depending on what you are looking for.

Is there a reason, apart from price that you dont think KG will suit you? What sort of budget? You have mentioned nothing about what you want (new/old/big/small/gardensize/amenities etc) apart from good schools! Plenty of good schools in Brisbane, there are no league tables so you can generally only go on instinct & other peoples recommendation. Do you want state or private? All makes a difference.

If you give some indication of what you want someone may be able to help you .
Thanks thats all great info