Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

keep Bickering............

keep Bickering............

Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default keep Bickering............

I know you are all not marriage guidance councellors..........but the past 8 months have been very stressful..............and hubby and I keep bickering..................will things ever get better??????????
Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: keep Bickering............

Originally posted by S Oldfield
I know you are all not marriage guidance councellors..........but the past 8 months have been very stressful..............and hubby and I keep bickering..................will things ever get better??????????
Do you both want to go to OZ? Are the fights over oz or over everything? Can you take time out either together or apart ?
We ended up going for counselling and its been very helpful to have another person to help us see things from another view point. Do PM me if you want to.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:43 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

comes free with the application....... bout the only thing that does!!!!!!

love boomie
xxxxxxx
Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:48 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

........know how you feel Sandra....there's times when all we do is bicker!!!!!! If only someone would buy my house I'm sure we'd be fine!!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers for that...........we both want to go...........been a long drawn out process..............teenage boys, who have very little patience make things worse.................as does the family pulling at our heart strings.
I also havent been too well recently, got really stressed out. Hopefully things will start to get better............thought it was just me
Old Mar 29th 2004, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

There's bound to be stress, we're in the same boat! We're trying to get everything sorted so we can go in September/October and there is so much to organise. I had a freak this morning and spent ages looking for our daughters passport as we need it for the meds. I also have to get it renewed after the meds, countersigned and off to DIMIA asap.
Stress!!!!
Maybe we should make the ladies night a regular drinking session! Maybe not, we'll all end up alchies with fat bottoms!
See ya soon Sandra
Larissa
Old Mar 29th 2004, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I do think a lot of it boils down to stress..............I am a `do it now` person, cant see the point in doing tomorrow what can be done this very second............hubby very different....nothing EVER rocks his boat!!!

Even I admit that I must drive anyone mad!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2004, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I do think a lot of it boils down to stress..............I am a `do it now` person, cant see the point in doing tomorrow what can be done this very second............hubby very different....nothing EVER rocks his boat!!!

Yep, I want to know what job hubby will have ,where daughter will go to college and where we'll live this time next year! Hubby knows we need to plan well ahead and allow time for processing but he just sits there waiting for things to fall into his lap! I've had moments when I'd pack my bags and go alone! Its stressful alright
If I lived a bit closer I'd be down that motorway for a girls night out Could do with a few like minded enthusiastic people to chat to about oz
Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:53 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
Maybe we should make the ladies night a regular drinking session!
I'm all for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ........low calorie beer of course
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:12 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Our 6 months in NZ had more than the usual amount of bickering, too. I reckon emigration and the uncertainties of house-hunting, job- / business-opportunity-finding, the rest eg schooling for the kids etc, put a lot of stress on husband and wife.

Luckily we seem to have coped OK, there were also a lot of positives for both of us as well and probably/ hopefully for the relationship as well.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:18 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Our experience split us up........though this has meant we've stopped arguing (well as often as we were that is). We're back in the UK in separate places, and a lot worse off financially for it all (well, I am ... she however, is as affluent as she was before we left...I guess that's the way it goes sometimes). My advice? It gets worse before it gets better, so counselling may be a good idea....also communicating every feeling negative or positive about the prospect of emigrating before you leave the country would be a really, really good thing to do....

Good luck, Rich.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:21 pm
earlswood

Thank God!!!!!!!!

We are living in a parallel life and you must be married to the clone of my husband.

This is the most stressful time of my life..........

Like marriage, divorce,moving house and kids growing up x 100

If our relationships get through this we're laughin'

Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

I'm with you too on this one, does put a terrible strain on you and we are bickering too! I think its a great worry that when you get out there it will just be the 2 of you, no family and friends to lean on
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In the same boat...

I was beginning to wonder whether my old man was having second thoughts. Says I pressurise him too much but I'm just sooooooooo impatient to get out there, I want everything done yesterday. He's now gone off for a skiing holiday for a week (last boys fling), so hopefully should return chilled. Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 7:51 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: In the same boat...

Originally posted by Off2Oz
I was beginning to wonder whether my old man was having second thoughts. Says I pressurise him too much but I'm just sooooooooo impatient to get out there, I want everything done yesterday. He's now gone off for a skiing holiday for a week (last boys fling), so hopefully should return chilled. Fingers crossed.

You sound like my wife....soon to be ex-wife that is....funny, she was as impatient as you, yet she was the first to cry "I want to go home now"...... be careful what you wish for, you might just get it..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.