Kebabs

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:06 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kebabs

I'm desperate here, I live in Perth and just cannot find anywhere that's sells kebabs like they do in the UK.

You know the one's they do in pitta bread and stuffed with greasy meat (that's probably not even meat) and red cabbage, lettuce, onions and tomatoes?

Friday night fayre in other words.

All I seem to get out here is a kebab rolled up in a bit of paper or on a stick.

Thanks in anticipation.

PS: I have loads of air miles accumulated and I am willing to travel anywhere in Australia to achieve my goal of a good old British/Turkish kebab.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:08 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kebabs

The closest thing I've found in Mellie is a "souvalaki" its the lamb stuff (but real lamb) cooked over a barbie (like a charchol chicken thing) then put with lettuce tomato on a flat pitta bread, then rolled up (but sadly no shredded red cabbage or carrot) and garlic sauce. Eight bucks of scrummyness
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:09 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by walla1
I'm desperate here, I live in Perth and just cannot find anywhere that's sells kebabs like they do in the UK.

You know the one's they do in pitta bread and stuffed with greasy meat (that's probably not even meat) and red cabbage, lettuce, onions and tomatoes?

All I seem to get out here is a kebab rolled up in a bit of paper or on a stick.

Thanks in anticipation.

PS: I have loads of air miles accumulated and I am willing to travel anywhere in Australia to achieve my goal of a good old British/Turkish kebab.
Walla from Peth........come on doooooown

Or should I say accross

We gerum here in redneck country

Luuurvly kebabs ere.

I'll go get ya one. See you in 5.

If you're not here when I get back....I'll tuck in

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Try Hillary's Boat Harbour mate. Kebab shop towards the end Good but not as good as a Kebab van in the UK
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get yourself over to Brisbane, we get them just like home, chicken or lamb (allegedly) in bread, with salad, chilli sauce and mayo. Also optional extras of cheese, mushrooms, pineapple, falafel..........sorry, had to pause to wipe dribble from the keyboard
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:13 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants
Try Hillary's Boat Harbour mate. Kebab shop towards the end Good but not as good as a Kebab van in the UK
been there, done Hillary's, they just don't get it in Perth.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

I used to love a doner kebab after a night on the shandies.

This was until a Malaysian friend asked me to look at the photograph of one in the kebab shop window and remarked how much it resembled a womans "punani" (as she called it..lmao)

(am i allowed to say that in here?) too late

Has put me off them ever since!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:14 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by mcmercer
Get yourself over to Brisbane, we get them just like home, chicken or lamb (allegedly) in bread, with salad, chilli sauce and mayo. Also optional extras of cheese, mushrooms, pineapple, falafel..........sorry, had to pause to wipe dribble from the keyboard
they put bloody cheese and eggs in them over here.

cheese and eggs? whatever next...
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:14 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in anticipation.

Right, I'm curious now! What's the difference apart from the carrot and red cabbage?

Photo's might help?

Is the pita bread different? Is the meat different? Not carved of the roast upright spit thing?

Didn't really get kebabs at all in Holland, so I love em here (closes thing we got in Holland was Turkish 'Shoarma', which is a pita bread, spicy meat and garlic sauce. But it's not rolled up, and I don't think it usually has salad either)
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:16 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Walla from Peth........come on doooooown

Or should I say accross

We gerum here in redneck country

Luuurvly kebabs ere.

I'll go get ya one. See you in 5.

If you're not here when I get back....I'll tuck in
am on me way lass, extra dollop of chilli sauce for is
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:18 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

they put bloody cheese and eggs in them over here.

cheese and eggs? whatever next...

That is optional though

Yum!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks in anticipation.

I'm looking for a decent kebab too - food is generally great in Mellie, but they do have a habit of putting beetroot on everything - don't like that, as it makes the pitta pink.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:24 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in anticipation.

you and your big gob !!!!!
im trying to forget how much i loved my uk kebab
ohhhh im right in the mood noo
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We have them oop 'ere!!!

Proper keebab - pitta, shaved 'meat' - I use that term loosely - lettuce, tommies, onion - choice of chilli sauce, mayo, etc and added extras - hummas, baba ganous, tabbouleh, plus the silly extras: cheese, pineapple, etc.

FNQ's where it's at for ya keebabs!!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 12:27 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by soapy
you and your big gob !!!!!
im trying to forget how much i loved my uk kebab
ohhhh im right in the mood noo
I could import one as a birthday present you old git

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.