Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

kazaa lite or other p2p sites???

kazaa lite or other p2p sites???

Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:27 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default kazaa lite or other p2p sites???

Just a quick question for the more technical amongst us:-
I used to use version 2.4.2 in the U.K now we've been offline for about 9 months things have changed. I can't connect to the old version I can't download an update [is this down to legal reasons in Australia?]
Looking on the web these sites now seem to charge are there any good ones still out there I don't know about?
Sean
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:33 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: kazaa lite or other p2p sites???

Originally posted by cresta57
I used to use version 2.4.2 in the U.K now we've been offline for about 9 months things have changed. I can't connect to the old version I can't download an update [is this down to legal reasons in Australia?]
Looking on the web these sites now seem to charge are there any good ones still out there I don't know about?
Sean
Yeah. Had the same prob a while back.

I don't think you can download the version you are on about for free anymore.

In the end WBB pm'ed me a link which got me it somehow. If no-one comes up with an answer soon I'll dig it out for you, and you can do a bit more sweeping up for me.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:37 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Chippy
Remind me to send Deb round with a broom

Originally posted by chippy
Yeah. Had the same prob a while back.

I don't think you can download the version you are on about for free anymore.

In the end WBB pm'ed me a link which got me it somehow. If no-one comes up with an answer soon I'll dig it out for you, and you can do a bit more sweeping up for me.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:03 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried using "Direct Connect" as an alternative ?

I used to use Kazaa and have tried some others like Bearshare, Limewire, eMule, etc.

I then tried Direct Connect and I've got to say that it beats the others hands down. The connection rates that I can get for downloading shareware files (ahem, not movies and MP3's of course ) is usually something like 64Kbps on an ADSL connection.

Take a look at : http://www.neo-modus.com/

Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Sean
Hi Sean
I use WinMX, eDonkey and Limewire. Limewire and eDonkey have alot of mac downloads as well.

Graham
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Sean
I had no problems downloading the latest version of Kazaa, but wished to hell I hadn't. The amount of spyware and adware it installs now is unreal. Expect your connection to slow about 50%, and if you are on dial up, that ruins everything.

I've since uninstalled it from all my machines, and swept all of them with ad-aware and spycleaner, and installed zonealarm, things have noticeably sped up, even on broadband.

If I was you I'd look into the alternatives to Kaaza. Its sold out to the corporations.

Ahh would you listen to me, sounding like a communist again

Cheers,
JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Jul 13th 2004 at 9:11 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

cooldood is an unknown quantity at this point

Forget all the above and download a program called azureus, it works with torrent files (loads of sites offering them) i nearly always max my 1mb connection downloading "things". if you need any help just ask

Jon
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:48 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Um could actually just buy the stuff you want

Siren's b/h
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:52 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Siren
Um could actually just buy the stuff you want

Siren's b/h
You've seen the prices overhere right??
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:57 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Sean
Wouldnt touch it with a barge pole mate, full of spyware and tossers sending you viruses!!!!!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 5:12 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember that you are moving to a country where even a backup copy of music or software is technically illegal. DC++ is good if you can find a good hub. Personally I don't trust software from p2p.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 5:28 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by fogmeister
Wouldnt touch it with a barge pole mate, full of spyware and tossers sending you viruses!!!!!
Kazaa Lite has none of the above. What you download with it is a different story oobviously, but the program is free of spyware.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Have used lots of different file sharing software. For ease of use Kazaa Lite is good, as is Overnet.
If its just music you want then Blubster is excellent and easy for newbies.
You will download viruses from time to time but I have found that having Norton Anti-virus running on auto-protect captures and deletes them everytime.
I'm not sure of the legal implications of using this software though. I believe you aren't necessarily breaking the law in most countries by downloading the software/music but you are if you then subsequently share or sell it.
I have Kazaa Lite 2.4.2 and can email it if required. Its 3.17 MB so will take a while to download.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:39 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Sean

Here ya go KAZZALITE Program free

Pmsl well i did upload it available at 2.89mb via email if ya wannit
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:43 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gravyman
Hi Sean
I use WinMX, eDonkey and Limewire. Limewire and eDonkey have alot of mac downloads as well.

Graham

and unfortunately limewire and the donkey are riddled with ip clockers and spyware/ad ins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.