Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kate & Johnny - Basingstoke to Blue Mountain

Kate & Johnny - Basingstoke to Blue Mountain

Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kate & Johnny - Basingstoke to Blue Mountain

Hi were also from Basingstoke. Your right its not a place thats mentioned much so quite a shock a few of us are from there.

Small world
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cuddles
Hi were also from Basingstoke. Your right its not a place thats mentioned much so quite a shock a few of us are from there.

Small world
I arrive August 6th to Brisbane area so maybe a Basingstoke society..?..maybe not actually....I remember years ago going to a bbq in Sydney and there were 13 people from Basingstoke there..!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
I was nearly born and bred, Vyne School from 1975 to 1980.
I was born and I quite like bread, can I join in?

sadly I live in Cumbria which is not Basingstoke....................................... ......................................Or the Blue Mountains...
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Olias
I was born and I quite like bread, can I join in?

sadly I live in Cumbria which is not Basingstoke....................................... ......................................Or the Blue Mountains...
Newcomers always welcome where ever they are from.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:59 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

sadly I live in Cumbria ..
Sadly??? I'd LOVE to live in Cumbria.. and despite being born and bread in Hamphire my paternal family are all in Cumbria so I have very strong Cumbrian roots!

I arrive August 6th to Brisbane ...
How bizare - it was August 6th that I first arrived in Brisbane!! 9 years ago - I remember arriving to a wet grey dingey place and thinking "Sunshine state? I've been conned!"
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

How bizare - it was August 6th that I first arrived in Brisbane!! 9 years ago - I remember arriving to a wet grey dingey place and thinking "Sunshine state? I've been conned!" [/quote]

Lets hope I am still there in 9 years..!!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

want 2 be there is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
I am from Basingstoke and soon to be in Oz but never heard of Kate and Johnny but will keep an eye open in Qld.
We're in Basingstoke too just, about to book flights to Sydney for October 3rd where are you and when you off???
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by want 2 be there
We're in Basingstoke too just, about to book flights to Sydney for October 3rd where are you and when you off???
I am in a short term rental in Beggarwood at the moment because I have sold my house. I am off August 1st to Brisbane area. Arrive 6th after a few days in Singapore. Mick
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:46 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
Mandie, I sent you a PM so check your inbox.

Nothing definitive I'm afraid, but a few possibilities.

Hope it helps anyway.
Thank you
Much appreciated