Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

kate and derek are in brisbane at last!!

Wikiposts

kate and derek are in brisbane at last!!

Old Oct 14th 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to all
Default Re: kate and derek are in brisbane at last!!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Welcome Kate and Derek,

Check out the Inner Northern Busway works around King George Square, they are especially spectacular at night.

Cheers,
Matt
it was the first thing we did
Old Oct 14th 2006, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by deb&si
Hi Kate and Derek

Great to hear you have arrived safely, and Brisbane is great and sunny too.

Good luck in your new life
We arrive in Brissy Early December
Deb & Simon (painter from herts meet)
thanks guys

brisbane is a very sunny 30 degrees taday.

life is sweet.

kate and derek
Old Oct 14th 2006, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kateandderek2
thanks guys

brisbane is a very sunny 30 degrees taday.

life is sweet.

kate and derek
Hi Guys

Glad to here that you have finally arrived. Your timing was better than mine weatherwise but it is lovely now.

Sue

Old Oct 15th 2006, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

no longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to allno longer in scotland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by suebrennan
Hi Guys

Glad to here that you have finally arrived. Your timing was better than mine weatherwise but it is lovely now.

Sue

hi guys just wondering what suburb you have ended up in and whats it like.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stillinscotland
hi guys just wondering what suburb you have ended up in and whats it like.
hi guys,

we have rented for 4 weeks (short term 540 dollars a week) it is in newstead in the Manhattan apartments. it is fully furnished, i mean that, they have a dish washer, clothes washing machine and tumble dryer. (great for when your bags arrive 2 days later then you!! )it is an excellent appartment.

we bought a car and have toured around, we liked Redcliff but thought it was a bit far out with bad transport links, we went around mango hills, and we liked the area but i cannot drive yet so i would be pretty stuck we thought. we then went down all around Bayside it is lovely, i think we are going to investigate Cleveland more as there are hospitals in the Bayside area(i am a nurse) and there is a train line direct to the city i know it takes 40 mins or something like that but that is ok for me.

overall all the areas we saw, we really liked. i think we will end up in Cleveland but even the first day there we thought it was far out, you do have to travel around all areas and decide for yourself, there are some areas that dont have bars or restaurants for a few kilometers. it is a difficult decision really. you do need to spend time looking all around.

i also need to learn to drive which i am worried about, i have had over 40 driving lessons in the last few years and still cant do it!!!
i can however drive a scooter. yes Derek cannot understand how i drove a scooter all around London for the past 4 years either and i cannot drive a car. there are a few people around the city who drive scooters so i might get one of them.

so if anyone knows of a good, patient and i mean patient driving instructor in Brisbane let me know!!

hope this helps a little.

Kate.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Kate!! Ditto mate, I can't drive either! Went out last week and got a copy of road rules to get ready for the theory test and apply for my learners licence. Have Dereks moby so will call you later and hopefully see you both tomm
Kelly x

Originally Posted by kateandderek2
hi guys,

we have rented for 4 weeks (short term 540 dollars a week) it is in newstead in the Manhattan apartments. it is fully furnished, i mean that, they have a dish washer, clothes washing machine and tumble dryer. (great for when your bags arrive 2 days later then you!! )it is an excellent appartment.

we bought a car and have toured around, we liked Redcliff but thought it was a bit far out with bad transport links, we went around mango hills, and we liked the area but i cannot drive yet so i would be pretty stuck we thought. we then went down all around Bayside it is lovely, i think we are going to investigate Cleveland more as there are hospitals in the Bayside area(i am a nurse) and there is a train line direct to the city i know it takes 40 mins or something like that but that is ok for me.

overall all the areas we saw, we really liked. i think we will end up in Cleveland but even the first day there we thought it was far out, you do have to travel around all areas and decide for yourself, there are some areas that dont have bars or restaurants for a few kilometers. it is a difficult decision really. you do need to spend time looking all around.

i also need to learn to drive which i am worried about, i have had over 40 driving lessons in the last few years and still cant do it!!!
i can however drive a scooter. yes Derek cannot understand how i drove a scooter all around London for the past 4 years either and i cannot drive a car. there are a few people around the city who drive scooters so i might get one of them.

so if anyone knows of a good, patient and i mean patient driving instructor in Brisbane let me know!!

hope this helps a little.

Kate.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Kate!! Ditto mate, I can't drive either! Went out last week and got a copy of road rules to get ready for the theory test and apply for my learners licence. Have Dereks moby so will call you later and hopefully see you both tomm
Kelly x
you most certainly will