Reload this Page >

Can Superannuation Be Withdrawn?

Can Superannuation Be Withdrawn?

Old Oct 16th 2006, 2:47 pm
Banned

Escondido is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Can Superannuation Be Withdrawn?

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Found this forum really useful.

Can I know if the superannuation can be withdrawn
in any case if I leave australia ?

THanks
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Superannuation Be Withdrawn?

Originally Posted by Escondido
Hi All,

THanks
My understanding is that it cannot be withdrawn until you reach retirement age. I'm sure someone will shout if I'm wrong!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:03 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Can Superannuation Be Withdrawn?

Hi All,

THanks
If you mean - can you have it if you leave Oz - the answer (I think) is yes, provided you are not on PR or an Oz Citizen you can transfer it to a fund outside Oz.

I do not believe you can "cash it in" and if you are PR you can't take it out of Oz.

You need to check this, I may be wrong.

Buzzy
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

THanks

About 15 years ago when I left Australia to live in the UK, I had a small amount of money tied up in an AMP Super Fund, which I wanted to get my hands on. I made enquiries, and all I had to do was prove that I had left the country, that is sworn affidavits, stat decs, etc, etc, and the money was paid out to me. I sort of regret it now, but at the time, it came in handy.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:27 pm
Banned

Escondido is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Thanks alot of the reply. I am going to
To my understanding, the employer super contribution is 9% ?
However it is not mandatory for employee to contribute ?
Should I also contribute, what is the % which I need to contribute ?

Escondido
Old Oct 17th 2006, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
About 15 years ago when I left Australia to live in the UK, I had a small amount of money tied up in an AMP Super Fund, which I wanted to get my hands on. I made enquiries, and all I had to do was prove that I had left the country, that is sworn affidavits, stat decs, etc, etc, and the money was paid out to me. I sort of regret it now, but at the time, it came in handy.

Sassie

I believe they changed the rules in the past few years, so it is probably different now.

Check this link out to see if it helps you.

http://www.ato.gov.au/super/pathway.asp?pc=001/007/126