A karma problem

Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A karma problem

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I'm new to this forum, so I was wondering what Karma points are and how they work.
The points, the more reputation you have, the more points are awarded to someone when you give them karma, supposedly it's for good posts, but mostly we're junkies, and the more karma you get, the more blue boxes you get.
Some people don't actually give any points, some give huge amounts, I give a fair bit, but most around 3-8 I think.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
The points, the more reputation you have, the more points are awarded to someone when you give them karma, supposedly it's for good posts, but mostly we're junkies, and the more karma you get, the more blue boxes you get.
Some people don't actually give any points, some give huge amounts, I give a fair bit, but most around 3-8 I think.
cheers Bob! I gave you Karma points for clearing that one up, though since I'm a newbie, it might not actually make any difference!
Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

So is it a matter that you have to get karma before you can give it as when I give karma to people there is no option of giving points.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:56 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I found this on a vbulletin site. The parameters here maybe different.

What is the Karma System? Karma System

By default the vBulletin version 3.0.0 software comes with a feature called 'Reputation'. This feature can be used on sites to agree or disagree on posts made by other users. On our web site we will use it as a Karma system.

Users who do good, will end up with a positive karma. And users who don't do any good, will end up with a lower or even a negative karma. Having a karma is good, it could show to other members what the quality of your posts is, or how your behaviour on the web site is. You can build up your karma points through several means. Through posting, through helping others, or by being online a lot. Sharing your hard work, helping others or even for being registered for a x period of time.

Here is the list which hopefully explains a few things, and answers some questions:
    I hope this is a little bit clear !

If you have any more questions or comments, feel free to ask.

The vBnl Karma System is best enjoyed in the PROFESSIONAL style!

If you want a Karma system on your site, replace all phrases for reputation with karma and add to your postbit templates.
    http://www.vbulletin.nl/community/fa...vb_board_usage
    Old Sep 12th 2004, 11:05 pm
    Bob
    BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

cheers Bob! I gave you Karma points for clearing that one up, though since I'm a newbie, it might not actually make any difference!
    Aye, but it's the thought that counts
    gave you some back to start you off
    Old Sep 12th 2004, 11:06 pm
    Bob
    BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by KatieStar
    So is it a matter that you have to get karma before you can give it as when I give karma to people there is no option of giving points.
    Aye, but giving it out helps people return it
    Old Sep 12th 2004, 11:07 pm
    Bob
    BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by bondipom
    I found this on a vbulletin site. The parameters here maybe different.
    It's very similar, can't give out negative, and I think it's vB 3.0.3 or somin'....but nice find
    Worth karma....and given
    Old Sep 12th 2004, 11:17 pm
    Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
    Aye, but it's the thought that counts
    gave you some back to start you off
    Oooo! My first Karma points! This could be habit forming.....
    Old Sep 12th 2004, 11:41 pm
    Bob
    BE Site Lead

Oooo! My first Karma points! This could be habit forming.....
    innit...but don't get too excited, normally don't get that much, manc gives a lot, and Don does fairly well