Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kangaroos in Queensland

Kangaroos in Queensland

Old Mar 4th 2004, 12:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kangaroos in Queensland

Where can I take my son to see wild Kangaroos on the Sunshine Coast?.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I think Pollyana posted something about wild kangaroos a while back. But I think it was on the Gold Coast
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=o%27reillys
try this
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

I dont think wild kangaroos exist, well only dead ones by the side of the road. Last year during a whole month spent in Australia (Victoria and Queensland) I didnt see a single living wild kangaroo.
The only ones I saw were in Zoos.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

We saw wild roos when we went to the Gold coast, Macleans not far from Byron Bay. Stayed with relatives and they leave the back gate open at night and then the roos come! awsom!

Mandy
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:33 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Try grassy areas at sunset or dawn.
Like golf courses at the edge of towns.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

lorrimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kangaroos in Queensland

Originally posted by Amazulu
Where can I take my son to see wild Kangaroos on the Sunshine Coast?.

In the grounds of the Sunshine Coast university near Buderim.
There are always some there. They were there before the uni was built and are still there refusing to give up there territory to us humans,
Lorrimer
Old Mar 4th 2004, 6:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, will give the sunshine uni a go.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Kangaroos are a pest in OZ, not really hard to find. Any open space or grassy area at dawn or dusk as simone said. Most of the golf courses are covered in them. Many people on acerage have them too. We have a huge male, female and baby that we call the three bears they come and sit on the grass by the pool every morning.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally posted by dotty
Kangaroos are a pest in OZ, not really hard to find. Any open space or grassy area at dawn or dusk as simone said. Most of the golf courses are covered in them. Many people on acerage have them too. We have a huge male, female and baby that we call the three bears they come and sit on the grass by the pool every morning.
I know they are considered a pest, I've actually shot a couple in Northern Qld, but that's another story!. My wife has a different view & wants our son to see some.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

prankster is an unknown quantity at this point

I grew up on a property (24,000 acres) in Qld (near Roma 6hrs west of Brisbane) We had thousands of wild kangaroos, mobs of up to 500, and when you looked across the paddock on a late afternoon sunset, the paddock seemed to move, and even though they I consider them a pest, the sight was spectacular.

We mostly had Grey kangaroos, and not may Reds. My father forbid me to shoot red kangaroos because of this, so I never did. We were beef producers, surrounded by Sheep producers and so we also had 12 wild Wedge-Tail eagles reside and nest on our property (Sheep producers had problems with Eagles stealing lambs). We'd often shoot Kangaroos, which acted a feed for the Eagles, this of then meant the Eagles didn't have to go next Door for a meal a.k.a the neighbours sheep. The eagles were amazing.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:07 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Take your son to Australia zoo (steve Erwin's place)

Well worth a visit !

all the best plum