Kangaroo curry

Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:26 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kangaroo curry

SKIPPY needs to hop it - because scientists have found kangaroo meat is good for you.

The super-lean food is rich in a fat that fends off diseases including cancer.

Throwing some roo on the barbie also counters heart, obesity and diabetes problems.

Expert Clare Engelke made the shock discovery while examining livestock to find a "healthy" fat called conjugated linoleic acid.

She was looking at lambs - then switched to roos and discovered FIVE times the intensity.

Clare, of the University of Western Australia, said: "It certainly was a big surprise." http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004192270,00.html
Attached Thumbnails Kangaroo curry-kangaroo-curry.jpg  
Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:37 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck.

Wheres that puke icon?
Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:48 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

Wheres that puke icon?
What would you serve it with then?
I thought rice and English Spinach sounded good.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:50 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JulesandChris
Yes, they sound fine! Just leave out the roo meat
Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:54 am
ABCDiamond

How about some lettuce ?

Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:57 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
How about some lettuce ?
ROFLMAO!!!!!
Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:58 am

Yes, they sound fine! Just leave out the roo meat
Ah, so madam would prefer the crocodile perhaps?

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/crocodiles/12602.html
Old Apr 28th 2004, 5:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Ah, so madam would prefer the crocodile perhaps?

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/crocodiles/12602.html
I dunno ......... does it taste like roo? If so, then no, I dont want the croc .

Actually I believe it tastes a bit like chicken crossed with fish? I havent ever had it.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 5:04 am

Actually I believe it tastes a bit like chicken crossed with fish?
Why did the chicken cross the fish?
Old Apr 28th 2004, 5:55 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Kangaroo is a beautiful meat which I eat whenever I see on the menu at restaurants, very low in fat and high in protein too. Saw some in Coles the other day for about $6/kilo, about half the price of decent steak and got very excited. My wife, however, refuses to try it. Why won't people eat meat from an animal with a nice face?
Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:06 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally posted by jayr
Kangaroo is a beautiful meat which I eat whenever I see on the menu at restaurants, very low in fat and high in protein too. Saw some in Coles the other day for about $6/kilo, about half the price of decent steak and got very excited. My wife, however, refuses to try it. Why won't people eat meat from an animal with a nice face?
$6/kg, in my local coles in Adelaide it's $13/kg

jib
Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:08 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Wheres that puke icon?

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:16 am
ABCDiamond

about half the price of decent steak and got very excited.
Don't get me going on the price of Steak

edit

In 1901 the cost of rump steak in Australia was 14 cents a kilogram ($7.00 after inflation) compared with $12.50 a century later.

Bet they didn't have a Pattons Butchers back in 1901 !!!

source
www.abs.gov.au/

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Apr 28th 2004 at 6:22 am.

Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:59 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The Restaurant At The Arse End of the Known Universe:

Jayr is asked by the waiter if he would like to be introduced to the "Dish of the day". "Err ... Wot is it today if I might be so bold as to ask" Jayr equivocates.

Before the waiter could respond, the Australian Red Kangaroo, smiling obsequiously leaps forward and introduces himself: "G'Day Cobber, That's me sport - I'm the Dish of the Day. Which of me boddy parts does yer fancy, mate?"

Jayr's wife, still suffering years of jet lag turns a paler shade of yellow green in an apparent attempt disappear behind the wattle flower arrangements.

Jayr, no longer fazed by wildlife carefully selectively culled by countless generations of ancient forgotten peoples to the state of perfection wherein their cognitive aim in life is the ultimate sacrifice in a top restaurant, and by now slightly annoyed with his wife's queeziness turns to her and in a low voice says - "Dear, it really is not polite not to meet the meat - and can make the poor things quite stressed and tough at times".

Seeing the momentary un-Pleasantness frickering betwixt the guests, The Dish consolingly paws Jayr's arm - "Sir, perhaps Madam would perfer a backstrap fillet - I really have been keeping it most tender - but for you, Sir, might I suggest a more ample queensland blue pumpkin stew of my haunch?"

Mrs Jayr is uterly disgusted! The though of eating an animal that has just conversed with her husband is revolting. She requests a green salad. The Dish then reaches over and places his paw on Her shoulder and attempts to change her mind, "May I urge you to try my tail, it must be very rich and tender by now, I have been avoiding using it for months?"

Mrs Jayr, still disgusted asks, "I'm most dreadfully sorry, but is there any reason why I shouldn’t have a green salad?"

Jayr hungry and exclaims, "Hey listen, we wanna eat, we don’t want to make a meal of the issues! We’ll have four rare steaks and hop to it - please!"

The Dish is smugly satisfied, "A very wise choice, I’ll just nip off and spear myself." He glances over to Mrs Jayr and quips, "Don’t worry, I’ll be very humane."

Ta to Douglas Adams.

Last edited by Megalania; Apr 28th 2004 at 7:01 am.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Kangaroo's don't have *that* nice face! They really do a bit like oversized rats..... Regardless.... as an Aussie, we used to buy Kangaroo regularly from woolies and would have it once a week as a stirfry. Its quite nice (and compares in price to beef etc) !!
My partner doesnt want to try it, but we went to a winery where he had some posho Prosciutto and I am 100% positive it was roo... he is still in denial!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.