kangaroo

Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Thumbs down kangaroo

i just tasted it

not really much flavour but nice texture....hhmmmm...chomp.

apparantly they export it to japan!
Old Mar 1st 2004, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Talking ps

how do i ad a pic to my left hand column?
Old Mar 1st 2004, 2:43 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Go to "my forum", and its there somwhere, options i think. The pic is called an avatar....

I did'nt mind kangaroo, very edible. Prefer it to pork actually.

My favorite "different meat" is ostrich....its great, you should try some.

Has anyone tried emu? There is an emu farm just up the road, but i havn't been to get some yet.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 2:45 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
Go to "my forum", and its there somwhere, options i think. The pic is called an avatar....

I did'nt mind kangaroo, very edible. Prefer it to pork actually.

My favorite "different meat" is ostrich....its great, you should try some.

Has anyone tried emu? There is an emu farm just up the road, but i havn't been to get some yet.
Emu sausages are quite tasty especially when compared to the standard Aussie snag.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Emu sausages are quite tasty especially when compared to the standard Aussie snag.
I don't know if they still do it, but the Western Plains Zoo (Dubbo, NSW) - used to serve-up a nice selection of tasty morsels. We had dinner there and had some Skippy, emu and crocodile.

They tasted OK, but eating the ex-residents of the zoo detracted from the eating experience
Old Mar 1st 2004, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Default thanks

thats great - tasteful pic uploaded :-)
Old Mar 1st 2004, 3:17 am
Just Joined

jbean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: kangaroo

i thought kangaroo was pretty tasty. I also tried a widgidy grub (sp) at the same time so maybe kangaroo was better by comparison. the grub tasted like pork fat flavored cottage cheese. man doesn't that sound awesomely tasty. Good thing to experiance though.
Eat up buttercup.
Bean
Old Mar 1st 2004, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Default widgety grub

its wierd but i really want to get my teeth into one of those things one day. Was the one you ate alive I wonder? Someone told me they tasted like peanut butter. But that was one of my mates down the pub and he talks a lot of crap.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: widgety grub

Originally posted by wombatboy
its wierd but i really want to get my teeth into one of those things one day. Was the one you ate alive I wonder? Someone told me they tasted like peanut butter. But that was one of my mates down the pub and he talks a lot of crap.
I've heard (yup, I'm a coward) they taste:

"Peanutty". Snap

and

"Bit like egg, with a nutty aftertaste" - from a bloke who tried it a week ago.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 3:32 am
Just Joined

The one I ate was very dead and it was grilled. I had it at a restaurant in Perth. They had an "Australian Platter" which also came with emu sausage kangaroo peices and goat cheese. The grubs deffinetly were the weirdest.
Bean
Old Mar 1st 2004, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by MikeStanton

"Peanutty". Snap

and

I dont remember the peanuty taste but my pallett isn't very sensitive. I was only bave enough to eat a bite. My fience ate the whole thing including head. that was going to far for me.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:27 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I've had emu sausage and turtle.

Turtle up north when we were living there. I was 9, but remember it tasting and looking like chicken (which I like).

Emu at and emu farm in Kalgoorlie on school camp when I was 13.
I didn't like the idea at that time, and I think I actually first refused to eat it, but did in the end. I remember a wierd taste ??

My dad once was offered a piece of kangaroo from the aboriginals he worked with, but it was early morning so he didn't really enjoy it!!

I will never try a witchetty grub, I'm way to squemish!!
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:44 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MikeStanton

"Peanutty". Snap

and

I thought they had more of an mild Almond taste. Only ever had witchety grub stew, so maybe roasted grubs (or raw ) taste more nutty.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 9:23 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

i just tasted it

I love kanga, it needs to be rare. Emu is good too. Both are very lean and low cholesterol.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 9:38 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

When we went to Oz we ended up in restaurant in Sydney that sold lots of interesting meats on a carvery.

Had a bit of emu, camel and kangaroo.

Had to admit the camel was by far the best tasting meat of the 3 which was surprising.

TT

i just tasted it