Reload this Page >

Justice of the Peace? Sydney

Justice of the Peace? Sydney

Old May 16th 2007, 9:17 am
Just Joined

LukeS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Justice of the Peace? Sydney

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a justice of the peace in the Sydney area? My girlfriend needs some documents verifying as part of a never-ending registration process to teach. The list we found seems to be old with the names no longer holding the jp position.

Cheers.
Old May 16th 2007, 10:06 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Justice of the Peace? Sydney

Originally Posted by LukeS
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a justice of the peace in the Sydney area? My girlfriend needs some documents verifying as part of a never-ending registration process to teach. The list we found seems to be old with the names no longer holding the jp position.

Cheers.
Two hours south of Sydney, but my good friend is a JP, if it helps. Nice day out if you've never been down to the South Coast.
Old May 16th 2007, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hutch
Two hours south of Sydney, but my good friend is a JP, if it helps. Nice day out if you've never been down to the South Coast.
Cheers Hutch - think girlfriend is now resigned to camping outside the department of education headquarters.

You're right though - it's a nice day out. Some great surf around Jervis Bay
Old May 16th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Cheers.
Have you looked at the official register? Here: http://jp.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/public/welcomePublic.do

You just need to put your postcode in and dozens of names come up. There are 87 listed for my postcode alone.
Old May 16th 2007, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

miss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant future

Bizarrely an awful lot of pharmacists are JP's here - don't ask me why. I was told this by an Aussie & certainly in my area 3 of the 5 pharmacies locally have JP's working there. Hope this is of some help.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

Hi All,

Cheers.
The estate agent next to mcdonalds, opp' the beach in Coogee verified all my paperwork, all for free too.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Great information guys.

The names that the register gives seems out of date as OH tried calling a couple and they had retired as JPs.

I tried a pharmacy in CBD but they didn't have a JP, but it definitely seems worth trying the pharmacies here in Milsons Point.

..And if that fails we can just go to the Estate Agents in Coogee which would be a perfect excuse to drag the OH to the beach so that I can go for a dip
Old May 16th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

The Macquarie shopping centre, Herring Road, North Ryde has a JP on duty Weds and Sat 9:30 - 2:30 (or maybe 3:30)
Also one in the Coxs Road shopping Mall (again in North Ryde) Tues and Thurs 9:30 - 12:30
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Hiya

Just ring up your local council as they often have one in the chambers and you can get docs signed no problems.
Old May 22nd 2007, 5:53 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

"justice of the peace" such a cool name for a boring thing
Sounds like someone who rides around on horse back killing evil people :curse: