Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Justice of the Peace

Justice of the Peace

Old Jun 9th 2004, 10:43 am
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Justice of the Peace

how do you find these guys? I need one in Southampton - phone book isnt much help any ideas?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

you do not need one...

Any solicitor should be ok...
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

......Or you can go down to the local Courts and get them done there.

They do it at Poole for about £8. We didn't find out until we'd bunged £70 cash at our solicitor.

Jo
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:29 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure you'll be thrilled to hear that JPs in Oz don't charge....

Yeah, I know - AFTER you've spent a small fortune getting all your docs signed off in the UK!
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:36 am
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers all - was hoping to find local JP as they wont charge (normally) but £8 sounds ok - might try the local court.

By the way - when copying passports do you copy every page or just the info pages?

ta... again
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:39 am
DarrenD

Costs vary. I was quoted £8 per page by my local JP, but Marco (lives in the next town) was quoted £8 for the lot.

Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

lizzel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Justice of the Peace

Originally posted by lostkiwi
how do you find these guys? I need one in Southampton - phone book isnt much help any ideas?
I got mine done at my local magistrates court. I photocopied all copies before hand and I had to write about true copies...etc on all of them and then sat in court whilst the magistrate signed and stamped them. Cost me nothing, apart from a lot of calls to try and get to see a magistrate and nearly 1 whole day of my time. Nothing when you compare solicitors fees!!

Good Luck. Liz