Reload this Page >

Just want to say HI

Just want to say HI

Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:36 pm
kk7
Just Joined

kk7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just want to say HI

Thought I would introduce myself and say hi to you all.
I am married with 2 kids and have just recently decided to try for oz.
I am an oz citizen so I am looking to sponsor my husband. I was brought up in brisbane.
We moved from the uk, to NZ in Nov last year, and have realised very early on that nz is not right for us, to be honest it has been s*** from the start, so are cutting our losses and want to make ANOTHER move to 0z. :scared:
We are looking at the Melbourne area as I have a close friend there.
Getting my head round all this immigration stuff at the mo, hopefully won't be to difficult
Joanne
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:44 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: Just want to say HI

Good luck. I`d like to go to NZ one day for a long visit. What exactly has been the problem with living there?
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:59 pm
kk7
Just Joined

Unfortunately Low Wages is the biggest problem It is quite degrading actually the amount my husband gets paid, and it is a very common problem here.
Nz is a beautiful country, but unfortunately these beautiful views don't pay the bills.
We cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel financially by staying here. So thats why we are cutting our losses now. At the end of the day, I have no regrets coming here because we would always be wondering 'what if'.
Being brought up in oz, it is a place I know and love, so instead of packing up and going all the way back to the UK, we thought we have nothing to lose by giving oz our best shot. So here goes
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:49 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hi kkk, welcome to the forum.
For more info on Melbourne you should join up with this site.

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 1:51 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Welcome to the Oz forum.
I do hope you find what you are looking for. I have heard similar from friends in NZ about the wages, but is there any guarantee that you'll be better off over here? What trade is your husband in?

Good luck with the visa process.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 2:20 am
kk7
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Welcome to the Oz forum.
I do hope you find what you are looking for. I have heard similar from friends in NZ about the wages, but is there any guarantee that you'll be better off over here? What trade is your husband in?

Good luck with the visa process.
I hope we find what we are looking for too
Husband has been researching his job prospects in oz for only the past week, he works on the highways, roads (maintenance etc) so we are in VERY EARLY stages and already he has very promising results, and the initial start off wage being offered to him is MORE than double than what he is on at the moment. Obviously being on here I am trying to get as much info as poss for cost of living etc.
We have a few perks aswell, being my parents, who are looking to buy in oz too.
We have done the big move once already and we both are not ready to give up on life in the southern hemisphere
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 2:34 am

You can't beat a bit of research before making a big decision. There's plenty of info here and plenty of people to provide answers.
You sound like you're mentally prepared anyway. I'm not sure if being mentally prepared involves the removal of brain cells, but I wasn't implying that )
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 5:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

You can't beat a bit of research before making a big decision. There's plenty of info here and plenty of people to provide answers.
You sound like you're mentally prepared anyway. I'm not sure if being mentally prepared involves the removal of brain cells, but I wasn't implying that )
im still laughing at the username
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 5:48 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kkk
Thought I would introduce myself and say hi to you all.
I am married with 2 kids and have just recently decided to try for oz.
I am an oz citizen so I am looking to sponsor my husband. I was brought up in brisbane.
We moved from the uk, to NZ in Nov last year, and have realised very early on that nz is not right for us, to be honest it has been s*** from the start, so are cutting our losses and want to make ANOTHER move to 0z. :scared:
We are looking at the Melbourne area as I have a close friend there.
Getting my head round all this immigration stuff at the mo, hopefully won't be to difficult
Joanne
Are men in white pointy hats welcome in NZ?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:01 am

I was going to question the user name but didn't want to offend the OP. I'm sure it's just an oversight???

Come on tell us what the 3 k's are for?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:22 am
kk7
Just Joined

I was going to question the user name but didn't want to offend the OP. I'm sure it's just an oversight???

Come on tell us what the 3 k's are for?
OH MY GOD sorry if I have offended. Didn't even click till u said
KK is my daughters nick name, but needed 3 letters when I registered, so just added an extra k
Think I best change it SORRY, feel a bit silly now
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:28 am
kk7
Just Joined

Can't find how to change it???? Any body know how
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:08 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kkk
Can't find how to change it???? Any body know how
lol lol! I saw that a few days ago, and did guess it didn't have that meaning, lol!

PM a moderator, they can change it for you.

Or post in the Site feedback forum

I used to be Simone82

p.s. good luck with everything
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:36 pm
kk7
Just Joined

Name change successful
Joanne
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kk7
Name change successful
Joanne
so theres only seven in your clan?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.