Wikiposts

is it just us

Old Oct 17th 2003, 6:33 am
Just Joined

woottys is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool is it just us

hi guys,
we had our medicals for australia in may 03 and are still waiting for a responce. does anyone have an idea what the hold up could be.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is it just us

Originally posted by woottys
hi guys,
we had our medicals for australia in may 03 and are still waiting for a responce. does anyone have an idea what the hold up could be.
Unfortunately no, you're not the only ones. We sent ours back in June/July (can't actually remember when - which in itself says something) and have heard nothing since.

From snippets found in other threads it appears Adelaide were way down on reaching their target of 'x' number of visas processed for the 12 months up to around June/July. That coincided with a flurry of people on this newsgroup commenting on how they'd been asked to submit meds/police checks earlier than they'd expected.

Putting 2 and 2 together I've come up the theory that maybe a little fiddling of statistics went on and work orders changed. I was thinking maybe meds/police checks requested were allowed to be classified as 'processed' - so they sent out loads of requests for meds/police checks. Now they've got to deal with the consequences of that.

Of course I could be way off the mark with that - but it's either that or we've been lost in the system, and I don't think young_lass's nervous system/liver could cope with the thought of that

Bottom line is when I applied the website suggested 12-15 months from start to finish - and they haven't exceeded that....... yet........

It is frustrating though when you look on the timeline website and find previous to all of that it appeared that once meds had been submitted it seemed to take around 6 weeks to send out the decision letters.