Reload this Page >

Just starting the Process!

Just starting the Process!

Old May 1st 2007, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

AndyandAnge will become famous soon enough
Smile Just starting the Process!

Hi Everybody.
Well we are just getting our TRA together and will be sending off for the certificate as soon as possible. My wifes a nurse and i`m an engineer and we are hoping to start afresh in Brisbane. We have 4 children from 12 down youngest being 3. The move cant come fast enough for me but i do hope my kids get friends quickly which is the worry for me and Angie. Its all very daunting as we have to start thinking on how to have a place waiting for us when we get there and how to go about taking my car over and all the house contents We dont know where in brisbane to rent yet (could be a static caravan for a short while), who knows. Angie had a phone call this morning from a agency in Brisbane (british girl)) and she is gonna help in the transaction of how to go about it all so i hope everything goes ok. She use to be part of this community and said she got lots of info and help from you guys so here i am! She said it could take upto 9 months so we are going to apply for 136 visa so angie is not stuck in the sponsorship scheme.
I will be asking for lots of advice if thats ok because we are still very confused in how to go about althis so bare with us

Once the TRA comes back and its ok What is the next step for us and what does it require/entails

Thanks for putting up with a newbie and nice talking to you all.
Old May 1st 2007, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just starting the Process!

Originally Posted by AndyandAnge
Hi Everybody.
Well we are just getting our TRA together and will be sending off for the certificate as soon as possible. My wifes a nurse and i`m an engineer and we are hoping to start afresh in Brisbane. We have 4 children from 12 down youngest being 3. The move cant come fast enough for me but i do hope my kids get friends quickly which is the worry for me and Angie. Its all very daunting as we have to start thinking on how to have a place waiting for us when we get there and how to go about taking my car over and all the house contents We dont know where in brisbane to rent yet (could be a static caravan for a short while), who knows. Angie had a phone call this morning from a agency in Brisbane (british girl)) and she is gonna help in the transaction of how to go about it all so i hope everything goes ok. She use to be part of this community and said she got lots of info and help from you guys so here i am! She said it could take upto 9 months so we are going to apply for 136 visa so angie is not stuck in the sponsorship scheme.
I will be asking for lots of advice if thats ok because we are still very confused in how to go about althis so bare with us

Once the TRA comes back and its ok What is the next step for us and what does it require/entails

Thanks for putting up with a newbie and nice talking to you all.

Hello and welcome to BE

There's loads of info on here, and if you can't find an answer to your question there will be someone who knows. You'll probably find this site will become like a second home for you (or that could be just me )

When you get the TRA back your next step is the main application. Download and read booklet 6 from the following link and all will be a little bit clearer

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books6.htm
Old May 1st 2007, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Chergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really niceChergar is just really nice

Hi Andy and Ange,
Well as the previous reply said after the TRA it is full steam ahead to the main application. I really wouldnt worry about the kids they will fit in quicker than you guys will! I also have kids aged between 12 and 3 and none of them have had any trouble fitting in at school or any of their after school activities.
You will also find that most states in Australia will have fully furnished accomodation that you can rent for as little time or as long as you need it,Its a great base for you to start your search for long term accomodation wheather it be for rent or purchase and it will help with the settling in period.
I found the "Australian News" newspaper very helpful and useful(I believe it has changed its name now to "Emigrate").My husband and I even flew down to Sandown Race course for and Emigration seminar you may have missed the first one of the year which is usually held in March or April but there will be another one later on in the year its worth the trip.
Well I hope I have helped in some sort of small way.Be patient and it will all work out. I promise

Last edited by Chergar; May 1st 2007 at 12:46 pm.
Old May 1st 2007, 12:53 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations and welcome
Old May 1st 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Rach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really nice

Is there any particular reason why you are using yourself as main applicant rather than your wife. As I understand it getting everything for TRA can be a bit of a nightmare, whereas the skills assessment for nurses is very straightforward and I believe cheaper too. I would certainly suggest you look into it if I were you.

Denis.
Old May 1st 2007, 2:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everybody.
Well we are just getting our TRA together and will be sending off for the certificate as soon as possible. My wifes a nurse and i`m an engineer and we are hoping to start afresh in Brisbane.
If you are an engineer and wife is a nurse, then why are you applying to TRA (for tradesmen)?
Old May 1st 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rach & Den
Is there any particular reason why you are using yourself as main applicant rather than your wife. As I understand it getting everything for TRA can be a bit of a nightmare, whereas the skills assessment for nurses is very straightforward and I believe cheaper too. I would certainly suggest you look into it if I were you.

Denis.
Hi and welcome,
I would have to agree with this. They are desperate for nurses. If your wife is currently practicing I would go this route. Just fill in the forms on the australian nursing and midwifery council site http://www.anmc.org.au/international/index.php
Even if not currently in practice they recently told me 20 hours a week for 3 months and a reference from a nurse manager and they will recognise practice as current. If you trained in the UK they have an agreement that recognises your level of training and you do not have to go through the skills assessment. They assess your quals and references and provide a letter of determination stating you are suitable for migration. Takes 6 - 8 weeks.It's quite easy. You then go straight to visa application. Just check out their website.
They have a specific section on the australian immigration website just for nurses visas. Your wife doesn't have to work once you have your visa and are in Oz, she can also do another job other than nursing once you have permanent residency.
Hope this helps
sals
Old May 1st 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry guys i must not of explained myself properly. We are going in on Angelas nursing qualifications and not mine. I have to admit i thought everyone had to apply for the TRA even if she is a practising nurse in England! Am i wrong
The story is : She is a Working practising RGN and i am a Manufacturing Engineer with a Masters so i am hoping i will get a job there also in that field. But if not i hopefully will do something else (project Management maybe). I understand that she has to apply to the area where she is going to work i.e. Queensland Nursing Authority and then the Visa Application if she passes QNA. Medicals and CRB.
If were wrong please tell us because i thought we had to pass the TRA first.
Old May 1st 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Rach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really nice

If you are applying via your wife's nursing qualification, then you will need to get her skills assessed by the ANMC (Australian Nursing & Midwifery Council). TRA (Trades Recognition Australia) is the skills assessing body for tradespeople. There are 2 types of skills assessments for nurses a Full & Modified Assessment. I would recommened going via the modified assessment route. In order to do this your wife will have to register with the relevant Nurse Registering Body for the State in which you want to work, in your case the QNC (Queensland Nursing Council), once you have registration with QNC then you can get skills asessed vian ANMC. Then you can go for visa application. It will be well worthwhile looking in the Nursing Forum also.

Good luck.

Denis.
Old May 1st 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

chatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura aboutchatterboxmoira has a spectacular aura about

Sorry guys i must not of explained myself properly. We are going in on Angelas nursing qualifications and not mine. I have to admit i thought everyone had to apply for the TRA even if she is a practising nurse in England! Am i wrong
The story is : She is a Working practising RGN and i am a Manufacturing Engineer with a Masters so i am hoping i will get a job there also in that field. But if not i hopefully will do something else (project Management maybe). I understand that she has to apply to the area where she is going to work i.e. Queensland Nursing Authority and then the Visa Application if she passes QNA. Medicals and CRB.
Hi and welcome .

You're wife needs to register with Queensland nursing council. They will assess her qualifications, but because she is a practicing nurse and registered with NMC, this should be no problem. She will then have to apply a modified skills assessment with Australian Nursing and Midwifery council. Once she has the letter from them confirming that her skills are acceptable, you apply for your visa. She could do ANMC skills assessment first, but it is much more expensive. I'm applying to Nursing Board South Australia- just gathering my documents and references- then will apply for modified skills.

Tell her to look at the QNC website www.qnc.qld.gov.au
and ANMC website www.anmc.org.au for more info.

Moira
Old May 1st 2007, 7:17 pm
mers

mers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nicemers is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Just starting the Process!

Welcome to the forum. I am quite new to this forum too, but the questions i've asked have been answered well. Good luck with your TRA application I have just recieved a positive skills assessment so now we're on the main visa application but they need to know everything about you and getting the relevant documents has been quite a hard long process but hopefully it will all be worth it. We are looking at Adelaide as our preferred chioce. Anyway good luck and if there's any info you need someone on this forum will help. andy and becky
Old May 1st 2007, 8:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

TRA = Trades Recognition Australia.
It's only for tradesmen - not for other skilled occupations!

Don't assume that what other people write about automatically applies to you.
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Just starting the Process!

hi and thanks for all that fantastic advice. Me and the oh have read all your responses and have a very good idea of what we have to do. I am about to apply to the QNC to have my nursing skills assessed and if ok then move on to the main application.
One thing i would like to ask is there anybody who has took their car across with them. What detail did you have to go through and how much did it cost you in all. Was it a simple process to go through. We have a great six seater that we have just bought and would really like to take it with us, it is in excellent condition and only £5000.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old May 2nd 2007, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

hi and thanks for all that fantastic advice. Me and the oh have read all your responses and have a very good idea of what we have to do. I am about to apply to the QNC to have my nursing skills assessed and if ok then move on to the main application.
One thing i would like to ask is there anybody who has took their car across with them. What detail did you have to go through and how much did it cost you in all. Was it a simple process to go through. We have a great six seater that we have just bought and would really like to take it with us, it is in excellent condition and only £5000.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi, just to re-iterate what I said eariler. You need to REGISTER with the QNC and then get your SKILLS ASSESSED BY THE ANMC. Don't know much about taking the car, try doing a search as I believ there are other posts on here regarding this and the difficulties involved.

Good luck.

Denis.
Old May 2nd 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

I think you have to have owned the car for over a year to take it! but check in case I'm wrong. Imo though from what others have said financially it's not worth the cost and stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.