Reload this Page >

Just starting out

Just starting out

Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

OzzieDreamers is on a distinguished road
Default Just starting out

Hi everyone,

We've just joined the forum today and are very early in the process of planning our escape from the UK. We're looking to go down under next year on a business visa, we'd love to hear from anyone who's been down this route, and any pit falls, traps or shortcuts you can share would be very welcome!

Claire, Shaun and 2 Kids - Looking to go to NSW
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

taylors244 will become famous soon enoughtaylors244 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just starting out

Originally Posted by OzzieDreamers
Hi everyone,

We've just joined the forum today and are very early in the process of planning our escape from the UK. We're looking to go down under next year on a business visa, we'd love to hear from anyone who's been down this route, and any pit falls, traps or shortcuts you can share would be very welcome!

hi welcome to the site. it`s very addictive you know, but also full of lots of useful info. we have gone down the skilled independant route, and are off ion jan
best wishes
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Hi everyone,

HI YOU GUYS,
TYPE IN 163 IN SEARCH AND SEE WHAT THAT BRINGS.
WE ARE GOING ON AN INVESTOR VISA AND IF YOU NEED ANY INFO ---JUST ASK

GUD LUK

IAN
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:33 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say welcome.
We're not on the same visa though so can't really help, but Good Luck anyway
Julie
Old Oct 26th 2005, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Hi Guys

Welcome to the forum.

We are heading out to Perth next month on a business visa (State Sponsored Business Owner 163). Dont know any short cuts, but they are issuing the visas quite quickly. Are you being sponsored by NSW Gov?
We did all paperwork ourselves, without an agent. If you need any help with anything give us a shout.

B
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:35 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Just starting out

Hi everyone,

Hi and welcome.

I have found this site invaluable!!!!
Its a mine of information.
You will be glad you logged on.
Good luck with your application - - we are going for a skilled independent -so can't really help you, but the site will!!!

xRachx
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Hi Guys

Welcome to the forum.

We are heading out to Perth next month on a business visa (State Sponsored Business Owner 163). Dont know any short cuts, but they are issuing the visas quite quickly. Are you being sponsored by NSW Gov?
We did all paperwork ourselves, without an agent. If you need any help with anything give us a shout.

B
Hi,

Thanks for your response, don't know if we're going state sponsered or not yet, but once we do we'll be picking ya brains. :-)

Claire & Shaun
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Any reason why you are going to NSW because ( and I could be wrong here ), if you are in NSW on a business visa you have to pay for the kids schooling even if they attend a state school, and that is quite pricey, where some other states do not make this charge. As I say I could be wrong but I am sure I read that somewhere, and I am sure someone else will be able to clarify it for you.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 9:52 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome,

We are also early stages (planning) at the moment, but aiming for skilled 136 hoping to go to Brisbane. Hope your plans all go well. You'll get loads of good advice here.

Good luck!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mand8002
Any reason why you are going to NSW because ( and I could be wrong here ), if you are in NSW on a business visa you have to pay for the kids schooling even if they attend a state school, and that is quite pricey, where some other states do not make this charge. As I say I could be wrong but I am sure I read that somewhere, and I am sure someone else will be able to clarify it for you.
Hi, That's interesting, I'll have to look into that.

Thanks for bringing to my attention.

Claire
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Clare

Just to let you know, you will not have to send the children to a private school on a business visa, as temporary residents they can go to a local government school. Have a look at www.schools.nsw.edu.au should give you all the info you need.

B
Old Oct 28th 2005, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Hi everyone,

Hi and welcome to BE.