Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just sold my car on ebay!! everything must go!

just sold my car on ebay!! everything must go!

Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold
Default just sold my car on ebay!! everything must go!

hi all, just thought i would share my ebay experience. i have been buying and selling on there for a while so i thought what the hell i'll put my car on there. actually it's not a car it's a 4x4 toyota hiliux surf, lovely motor but it would not be worth shipping it. anyway some fella, actually he was a mojor in the army, no really he was, came and picked it up today. he paid asking price and in cash. RESULT!! now i have to sell our other car and the house. in fact i'm going to try the house on ebay. my toyota got 1000 views so if the house gets the same views maybe one of them may want to buy it. i'll try anything once!! selina x
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:25 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: just sold my car on ebay!! everything must go!

Hi,
Thats great news I am having a nightmear trying to sell our car (going in 3 weeks) might give ebay a try.

Best of luck

Chris
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:54 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by selina
hi all, just thought i would share my ebay experience. i have been buying and selling on there for a while so i thought what the hell i'll put my car on there. actually it's not a car it's a 4x4 toyota hiliux surf, lovely motor but it would not be worth shipping it. anyway some fella, actually he was a mojor in the army, no really he was, came and picked it up today. he paid asking price and in cash. RESULT!! now i have to sell our other car and the house. in fact i'm going to try the house on ebay. my toyota got 1000 views so if the house gets the same views maybe one of them may want to buy it. i'll try anything once!! selina x
I bet the ebay fee's are monstrous for selling your house, and how do people pay you such large amounts of money??
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:58 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I bet the ebay fee's are monstrous for selling your house, and how do people pay you such large amounts of money??
its a bit different when you sell a house - you don't actually "buy" it via ebay - you register your interest on the property at a certain level, ie amount of money but it is not a legally binding contract........ the exact wording is.....

By bidding, you are not entering into a contract to purchase this property. You are, however, expressing serious interest in the property and in pursuing contract discussions
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:59 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
You can't actually "sell" your house on Ebay - see this link
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/real-estate.html
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

hi, i think ebay charge about £30 for lisitng the property. obviously property sales are subject to surveys etc so if someone bids they are not legally bound to buy it. but you may get quite a few potential buyers want to come and view. for me it's a way of advertising and you get a HUGE audience on ebay. i will have to pay egent £4k so i may as well try it myself before i officially put it on the market with them. selina
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:30 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
its a bit different when you sell a house - you don't actually "buy" it via ebay - you register your interest on the property at a certain level, ie amount of money but it is not a legally binding contract........ the exact wording is.....

By bidding, you are not entering into a contract to purchase this property. You are, however, expressing serious interest in the property and in pursuing contract discussions
So it could be a good way of advertising your house if not using an estate agent?
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi, exactly right and what better way to reach potential buyers. you know yourself when you search on google etc for eg. hotpoint washing machine, levis jeans ect there is always an ebay item that comes up within the top 10 sites. at £30 i think it's well worth a go. selina
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

hi, exactly right and what better way to reach potential buyers. you know yourself when you search on google etc for eg. hotpoint washing machine, levis jeans ect there is always an ebay item that comes up within the top 10 sites. at £30 i think it's well worth a go. selina
what a bloody good idea when the visa comes its worth putting it on ebay just to get ppeopleinterested you never know.
TASK
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:21 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the sale! I was wondering if you could share some info. I have some collectable ornaments that I would like to sell and thought of ebay but don't have the first clue about it. How do you send the items to the buyers and how do they pay for it.....just worried in case I get ripped off! Do you have to pay a fee to register and is there any other small clauses!

Cheers if you can help

Ginny
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 9:33 am
Badge

nyway some fella, actually he was a mojor in the army, no really he was,
I believe you. They exist you know.

badge

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stitch
Congrats on the sale! I was wondering if you could share some info. I have some collectable ornaments that I would like to sell and thought of <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=ebay&v=55">ebay</a> but don't have the first clue about it. How do you send the items to the buyers and how do they pay for it.....just worried in case I get ripped off! Do you have to pay a fee to register and is there any other small clauses!

Cheers if you can help

Ginny
hi, if you go on the ebay site they do a tutorial to take you through it step by step. at first it may take you a while to do but once you have the hang of it you can list items really easily. if you are selling small items you can just send it via royal mail. go on the royal mail website and print off their list of charges then weigh your item to see what it will cost to post so you know how much to charge your buyer. you can take any payment, paypal is the quickest and i have never had any problems using it. or you can be paid by postal order or cheque etc but this takes time to receive and clear so it's up to you really. just try listing one item to start with and see how you go. good luck. selina.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:34 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chrisg28
Hi,
Thats great news I am having a nightmear trying to sell our car (going in 3 weeks) might give ebay a try.

Best of luck

Chris

Hiya Chrig28,

I've sold and braught cars on ebay.

It is costly, thay hit you for a listing charde and than a charge after it has been sold.

I would recommend getting a deposit or full payment, that way at least you have some money if they never turn up.
Worth sticking on it a limit in how long you will keep the car after it has been sold. It took ages for one guy to collect his car.

Bye
Mark