Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just to say hello.

just to say hello.

Old Sep 5th 2005, 9:52 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just to say hello.

Hi and welcome.
And Good Luck for the future
Julie
Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Just wanted to say hello

We are off to Perth in March, house is just going through so should be moving out in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed) and into a rental.

Any ideas on where you are hoping to settle once you get there?

Claire
Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:20 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

We are of to Perth too

Visa validating trip 13th Sept. then permenant move once the house sells

Gillian
Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by monkeymark
Ive been reading your threads for about 2 weeks as me mark and rachel my wife are hopefully moving to perth at the end of nov, well hopefully. We hav'nt booked our flights or got the removal firm to come and give us a quote, infact we hav'nt decided what removal co as yet, Ahhhhhhhhh theres just so much to do and so little time.
We have also just accepted an offer on our house and we have just heard that the buyers have sent off there cheque for the survey, do you think we're pushing it time wise? Haha..... well nothing like a challenge! Anyway I would just like to say thankyou to all of you for the unknowing help in answering and asking a lot of questions that I intended to ask for our huge step into the unknown and I can honestly say its been a pleasure. thankyou from both of us and I will be a regular reader of these facinating threads. And all the best to anyone who is going through the same as us.

Hi Mark and welcome, hope all goes without a hitch. best of luck
Old Sep 5th 2005, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

I'm not goin to Perth!

Welcome tho! ...
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future
Default Re: thankyou

just like to say thankyou to all of you that wished us luck. very kind and wish you all th luck as well.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:46 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Hi Just wanted to say Hi as well.

We got back from our validating trip on the 1st Sept from Perth for 19days.

We just need to sell the house then will be back again, house been on the market nearly a year..

So good luck with all, have you been to Perth before?.

Hubby said Australia is not what he expected the country to be like , but do not know what he expected anyway, it did not have the wow factor that he was expecting. NO i can`t work him out either.. !!!!!!!!

Pauline and JOhn
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pauline
house been on the market nearly a year..

Old Sep 6th 2005, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum
Old Sep 7th 2005, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by claire33
Just wanted to say hello

We are off to Perth in March, house is just going through so should be moving out in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed) and into a rental.

Any ideas on where you are hoping to settle once you get there?

Claire
Thankyou and the very best of luck to you both. is that a flump in your picture? My god that takes me back. Perhaps we might bump into oneanother in perth sometime next year you never know perhaps have a
Old Sep 7th 2005, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Madhouse!
Welcome to the forum
Cheers mate! well whats it like? Thinking about Mandurah myself.Weve got 3 months and counting getting a little :scared: but hey what the hell only end up being in this country. Still let us know? Cheers and good luck.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by monkeymark
Cheers mate! well whats it like? Thinking about Mandurah myself.Weve got 3 months and counting getting a little :scared: but hey what the hell only end up being in this country. Still let us know? Cheers and good luck.
We have been here 6months now and lovin it! We had never left the UK before flying out here and was just lucky that we happened to have friends livin in Mandurah otherwise we may of never found the place...It has everything and more that we were looking for, we are heavily into our boating and was one of our main reasons of moving out here...fed up with counting on one hand how many times you could go boating with the good ole british weather all we need now is a boat again
Mind you we have just seen out 2 winters so are really looking forward to a bit of warmer weather and then no doubt in good ole pommie fashion ill be moanin it's too hot
Anyway i would deffinatley check out Mandurah, house prices are shooting up fast and suppose to rocket up even more so once the train is here

Goodluck the last couple of months are the scariest and i gave up on how many 2nd thoughts i must of went through, but since arriving have no regrets at all

Claire
Old Sep 7th 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Madhouse!
We have been here 6months now and lovin it! We had never left the UK before flying out here and was just lucky that we happened to have friends livin in Mandurah otherwise we may of never found the place...It has everything and more that we were looking for, we are heavily into our boating and was one of our main reasons of moving out here...fed up with counting on one hand how many times you could go boating with the good ole british weather all we need now is a boat again
Mind you we have just seen out 2 winters so are really looking forward to a bit of warmer weather and then no doubt in good ole pommie fashion ill be moanin it's too hot
Anyway i would deffinatley check out Mandurah, house prices are shooting up fast and suppose to rocket up even more so once the train is here

Goodluck the last couple of months are the scariest and i gave up on how many 2nd thoughts i must of went through, but since arriving have no regrets at all

Claire
you breath of fresh air thankyou. I have got a friend who comes from wales we met him in cairns 3 years ago he went to mandurah looking at property and he mentioned about the rail link to Perth and about the property going up when it connects so I will definately look there when we arrive. We'll prob rent first anyway get a feel for things. my wife Rachel has a friend that moved to the Hillary's north of perth and they've been out there 2 years and love it so starting to get excited. well thanks and all the best.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 6:32 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

We are also thinking of Mandurah. We have already been over and validated. My mum is in Singleton at the mo but building in Lakelands. We have just put a deposit on a plot in Pinjarra, mainly cos they were selling bigger plots. Not sure if it could possibly be too far in whopp whopp!!!! Sorry about spelling.

We only got back thursday winter there was good,even though only went for 19days, kids were sunbathing on the beach cant be bad... Even though the Ozzie looked at them a bit strange...

Anyway HI!!!