Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just in process of applying for S.I.R visa

just in process of applying for S.I.R visa

Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

skunkymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just in process of applying for S.I.R visa

hi guys i,m new on here from huddersfield west yorkshire i,m just in process of applying for the new s.i.r scheme i am a welder served 3 years of an appernticeship and have been welding 16yrs i also set and operate co2 laser cutters hoping me and my family will qualify i,m hoping for adelaide there seems to be plenty of my line of work there ,i looked up some journals and agencies my only fear is i will get rejected but hey u never know fingers crossed any help appreciated advice is what i need
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just in process of applying for S.I.R visa

Originally posted by skunkymonkey
hi guys i,m new on here from huddersfield west yorkshire i,m just in process of applying for the new s.i.r scheme i am a welder served 3 years of an appernticeship and have been welding 16yrs i also set and operate co2 laser cutters hoping me and my family will qualify i,m hoping for adelaide there seems to be plenty of my line of work there ,i looked up some journals and agencies my only fear is i will get rejected but hey u never know fingers crossed any help appreciated advice is what i need

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I sure you'll find the forum very addictive and very informative.
We too are applying for SIR visa. We are waiting for our skills assessment to come back and then we will apply to South Australia for sponsorship.
Have you had your skills assessed yet? If not then I would get it sorted asap. The TRA are taking 4-6 months and that is paying extra for fast track.

Graham
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

just got conformation of embassy was waiting to hear again do i get assessed 1st
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

just got conformation of embassy was waiting to hear again do i get assessed 1st

For SIR you need to have a positive skills assessment before you apply for sponsorship.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

i,m at 1st hurdle i only applied to embassy for info 3 weeks ago just got my conformation of some 1 from sa(DPC) so i have sent them an e mail saying i would like to go for the s.i.r and then i thought they would get in touch 1st and tell me what to do i know i needed to get assesed but i thought that would come after some correspondance. are u on msn messenger?
Old Aug 1st 2004, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

i,m at 1st hurdle i only applied to embassy for info 3 weeks ago just got my conformation of some 1 from sa(DPC) so i have sent them an e mail saying i would like to go for the s.i.r and then i thought they would get in touch 1st and tell me what to do i know i needed to get assesed but i thought that would come after some correspondance. are u on msn messenger?

Yes I do have msn messenger
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 10:11 am
Just Joined

i,m gonna have a word with alan collet ,save a lot of hastle i think