Just not fair!!!

Wikiposts

Just not fair!!!

Old Feb 14th 2005, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just not fair!!!

Originally Posted by aussie73
as long as you were'nt a psychotic mass murderer or seriously disabled you were let in.
Isn't that what got people in originally...???
Old Feb 14th 2005, 6:38 am
aussie73

Originally Posted by Helium Kid
Isn't that what got people in originally...???
Back in those days people who did serious crimes like murder were hung.
It was mostly minor criminals who did petty crimes such as stealing food that
were transported to OZ.

Old Feb 14th 2005, 6:39 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll laugh now, but I met with a Immigration Agent at Surfers Paradise a few weeks back and he said that you can apply for a Student Visa which gives you 2 years over there. Hubby or Wife can then train to be a pastry chef or other, and you can also work for 20 hours per week legally.

The upshot is that you gain a qualification in OZ and if you have a job offer at the end of it can apply for PR at the end of the two years, or something along those lines....

Also there is nothing stopping you in that two year period from starting up a business and seeing where that takes you, so long as you don't declare more than 20 hours work per week.

There are various ways if you want it bad enough.
I know exactly where you are coming from.... Our best freinds would love to come to Oz. The husband is a carpenter and they would have 300k++ but their daughter has cystic fibrosis and that rules them out straight away, it is a bitter pill to swallow. They know that the climate would be so much better for her and that the lack of screening here has resulted in a sharp rise of TB which puts her at permanent risk. It is ironic that one of the reasons for them wanting to go to Australia ie; Health screening and stricter rules as to who can enter the country is also the thing that will keep them out.
We too believed that where there is a will there is a way, unfortunately there is all the will in the world in this particular case but absolutely no way...

Good luck, and I hope you find a way
Old Feb 14th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bridiej
Thanks Craig, I've got a HNC in Business and Finance.

Company secretary is totally separate thing.

Office manager no good either, although I run my own business I have no staff or anything, plus only been doing it for a year....
Bridie

Point taken. Shame you've only been doing your business for a year. We're going the 139 route using Mrs Bs HNC in business and finance against Office Manager. As long as you have the work experience in an occupation on the SOL then thats fine, it can be totally unrelated (just so long as its not a 60 pointer then you'd also need an assessment in that too).

Mrs B also runs her own business (computer consultant) and doesn't employ anyone. As long as you can prove your work experience of over 20 hours per week with 12 months out of the last 18 then you're OK for the sponsored route otherwise its 2 years out of the last 3.

Just as another point if you're short on points (pardon the pun!) then you can use your HNC against Office Manager to get the 5 points for spouse, if you don't use it as a primary applicant (providing you meet all basic criteria of course)

I'll stop rambling now All the best with the TRA.

Last edited by Craig Brooke; Feb 14th 2005 at 8:24 am.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 8:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Back luck its not the 1950's and 60's back the governement was begging Poms to immigrate to OZ, even paying their fares over here and other incentives, as long as you were'nt a psychotic mass murderer or seriously disabled you were let in. They would let in a British immigrant with no skills or education or money but reject a wealthy Chinese who was a rocket scientist or brain surgeon. Nowdays there is no preference for Brits and you have to compete with everyone else in the world on equal footing.
Yep as long as you were white you were in.

Political contacts and donations are a back door way in. Maybe send Amanda Vanstone a box of Krispy Kremes.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Just not fair!!!

Anyone else in the same boat??

Here I am a respectable hard working honest bloke with a wife and a couple of Kids who are both doing well at school and to be honest, life ain't so bad.

We all have one thing we are unanimous about and that is starting a new life in OZ. My wife and I are both confident we would find work when we go there.

What I do find annoying is that I am under 40, have in the region of £300k to take to OZ which would set us up nicely, yet because we haven't got a skill on the 'In demand' list, we can't quite muster enough points.

Where there's a will there's a way....blah! blah!....

I now have to go the business visa route which is risky with no guarantee that we will get PR at the end of the term. We can only buy a new build property or piece of land and build ourselves, and things like medicare etc will be hard to obtain without probably paying higher premiums because of the non PR status.

I'm not moaning as we are prepared to give it our best shot and will be going.

Just amazes me that some people get PR with no guarantee they will find work and have little or no savings to take with them.

Funny old world.

HK.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Just not fair!!!

Originally Posted by PJ & B
You are not alone.... We were recently turned down by the TRA, even though PJ has been an Electrician for 22 years, he is only 37, has done his City & Guilds and a formal apprentiship, but because he has been running a business for 10 years, they are saying he might not have been working on the tools. So we have decided to go down the route of a business visa. The Business Migration Corporation in Perth have been really helpful and seem to think we have a chance.

Dont give up hope just yet, try another option.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:44 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Back in those days people who did serious crimes like murder were hung.
It was mostly minor criminals who did petty crimes such as stealing food that
were transported to OZ.
Australia was 2nd choice for convicts. They were all originally sent to America until the American War of Indepedance put paid to that. Only then did they start sending them to Aus.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:54 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

You'll laugh now, but I met with a Immigration Agent at Surfers Paradise a few weeks back and he said that you can apply for a Student Visa which gives you 2 years over there. Hubby or Wife can then train to be a pastry chef or other, and you can also work for 20 hours per week legally.

The upshot is that you gain a qualification in OZ and if you have a job offer at the end of it can apply for PR at the end of the two years, or something along those lines....

Also there is nothing stopping you in that two year period from starting up a business and seeing where that takes you, so long as you don't declare more than 20 hours work per week.

There are various ways if you want it bad enough.

This is my route to PR hopefully!?

I too was blown out by the TRA, loads of experience, but no qualifications, blah blah. Anyway, myself, partner, 2 kids + dog head out to The Gold Coast late this year for a Jan 2006 start at college for me. You have to study a minimum of a Cert III, study for 2 years, and after you can apply for PR. IF your field is assessed by the TRA you will also need to gain 900 hours 'paid' work experience in your 2 years too.

It's a VERY risky route to PR with no guarantee's. It's also very costly as you will have to pay for children's (if any) school fee's, healthcare etc etc while your there. Throw into that money for rental of property & all your usual bills, it'll mount up very fast!

At the end of the day though, this is my ONLY option if we want to get to Oz, so we go with it. I have money tied up in my property and that goes on the market very soon, and without this I don't think it would be possible.

At the very worst (and god forbid!), the trade I wish to study comes off the SOL list, or DIMIA or the TRA demand something I cannot give, then we all return in 2008 :scared: BUT, I'm sure we'd of had a good time while we was there I'm lucky in that I can come straight back into a very well paid job, but don't wanna!

just my pennies worth.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim2004
This is my route to PR hopefully!?

I too was blown out by the TRA, loads of experience, but no qualifications, blah blah. Anyway, myself, partner, 2 kids + dog head out to The Gold Coast late this year for a Jan 2006 start at college for me. You have to study a minimum of a Cert III, study for 2 years, and after you can apply for PR. IF your field is assessed by the TRA you will also need to gain 900 hours 'paid' work experience in your 2 years too.

It's a VERY risky route to PR with no guarantee's. It's also very costly as you will have to pay for children's (if any) school fee's, healthcare etc etc while your there. Throw into that money for rental of property & all your usual bills, it'll mount up very fast!

At the end of the day though, this is my ONLY option if we want to get to Oz, so we go with it. I have money tied up in my property and that goes on the market very soon, and without this I don't think it would be possible.

At the very worst (and god forbid!), the trade I wish to study comes off the SOL list, or DIMIA or the TRA demand something I cannot give, then we all return in 2008 :scared: BUT, I'm sure we'd of had a good time while we was there I'm lucky in that I can come straight back into a very well paid job, but don't wanna!

just my pennies worth.
Good on ya Jim and I hope it works out for you and your Family.

If I wasn't going the Business route I'd have done exactly what you're doing.