Reload this Page >

Just not fair!!!

Just not fair!!!

Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Helium Kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just not fair!!!

Anyone else in the same boat??

Here I am a respectable hard working honest bloke with a wife and a couple of Kids who are both doing well at school and to be honest, life ain't so bad.

We all have one thing we are unanimous about and that is starting a new life in OZ. My wife and I are both confident we would find work when we go there.

What I do find annoying is that I am under 40, have in the region of £300k to take to OZ which would set us up nicely, yet because we haven't got a skill on the 'In demand' list, we can't quite muster enough points.

Where there's a will there's a way....blah! blah!....

I now have to go the business visa route which is risky with no guarantee that we will get PR at the end of the term. We can only buy a new build property or piece of land and build ourselves, and things like medicare etc will be hard to obtain without probably paying higher premiums because of the non PR status.

I'm not moaning as we are prepared to give it our best shot and will be going.

Just amazes me that some people get PR with no guarantee they will find work and have little or no savings to take with them.

Funny old world.

HK.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:38 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just not fair!!!

You know what ? Im glad that everyone seems to have the same chances....
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:42 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Why right now? Skills & rules change.

A decent business would have to bring in > ~$100k net profit. Your capital ~$700k (£300k) would have to generate 15% net return. Can you find / create one?
Old Feb 14th 2005, 9:50 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helium Kid

Here I am a respectable hard working honest bloke with a wife and a couple of Kids who are both doing well at school and to be honest, life ain't so bad.

We all have one thing we are unanimous about and that is starting a new life in OZ. My wife and I are both confident we would find work when we go there.

What I do find annoying is that I am under 40, have in the region of £300k to take to OZ which would set us up nicely, yet because we haven't got a skill on the 'In demand' list, we can't quite muster enough points.

I now have to go the business visa route which is risky with no guarantee that we will get PR at the end of the term. We can only buy a new build property or piece of land and build ourselves, and things like medicare etc will be hard to obtain without probably paying higher premiums because of the non PR status.

Just amazes me that some people get PR with no guarantee they will find work and have little or no savings to take with them.

Funny old world.

HK.

money doesnt buy you everything does it?

Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:11 am
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Funny old world.

HK.
Can't buy your way in mate. Join the queue like the rest of us had to.

Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:27 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
money doesnt buy you everything does it?

...and that makes me very happy
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:36 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad money doesnt buy you everything otherwise most of us wouldnt have the chance of a new life in Oz.

The most frustrating thing I find with the skilled visa is that secretarial qualifications dont count for anything - I've got various RSAs, NVQ II, HNC and now studying for legal and medical qualifications.

But that's life I suppose, hopefully there will be lots of secretarial vacancies and temping jobs when we get out there...
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:39 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Funny old world.

HK.

What are you short of points on ?
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mutant
Can't buy your way in mate. Join the queue like the rest of us had to.

Didn't mean my post to come across the way some are interpretting it.

It just annoys me that I know of some people who have told porkies on their visa applications, have blead the system over here in the UK, only to be granted PR and cleared off to OZ.

Many of you are fortunate enough to be in trades that are in demand in OZ and good luck to all of you, although the lack of nurses here is getting worrying. Seems the Brits are going to OZ and we have to ship in immigrants to cover them. Right old merry go round.

I don't have enough points, fact!... but I can't stand the way this Country is going any longer, so I'm going the business route.

Not trying to leapfrog anyone, just know that I have as much chance of finding work as most people going over and the means to support myself for as long as it takes.

I'm sure there are many people who could go over, make a contribution to society, yet aren't given the chance.

Don't take too much notice of my rantings as I'm in a bad mood today and probably shouldn't have turned the computer on.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:51 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Don't take too much notice of my rantings as I'm in a bad mood today and probably shouldn't have turned the computer on.
The computer is the perfect target for your bad mood. Mine gets all sorts of abuse hurled at it and it doesn't bat an eyelid. It doesn't buck its ideas up either though, stupid *!*%^£$£$@#~:;*&** thing. Can't say I'm surprised.

No chance of a company sponsorship? (I mean, either with your current employer or a new one.) I expect you've considered that. Good luck!
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:54 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't mean my post to come across the way some are interpretting it.

It just annoys me that I know of some people who have told porkies on their visa applications, have blead the system over here in the UK, only to be granted PR and cleared off to OZ.

Many of you are fortunate enough to be in trades that are in demand in OZ and good luck to all of you, although the lack of nurses here is getting worrying. Seems the Brits are going to OZ and we have to ship in immigrants to cover them. Right old merry go round.

I don't have enough points, fact!... but I can't stand the way this Country is going any longer, so I'm going the business route.

Not trying to leapfrog anyone, just know that I have as much chance of finding work as most people going over and the means to support myself for as long as it takes.

I'm sure there are many people who could go over, make a contribution to society, yet aren't given the chance.

It is very frustrating - good luck (karma on way & have a few
)

Sel x
Old Feb 14th 2005, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bridiej
The most frustrating thing I find with the skilled visa is that secretarial qualifications dont count for anything - I've got various RSAs, NVQ II, HNC and now studying for legal and medical qualifications.
Bridie

Not strictly true, you can use a HNC for 40 point occupations. But that only helps if you've tons of points elsewhere or a sponsor in Oz. (I know, I know - you knew that already!)
Old Feb 14th 2005, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkMyWords
No chance of a company sponsorship? (I mean, either with your current employer or a new one.) I expect you've considered that. Good luck!
I have my own business here in the UK and will be going that route into OZ.

I just felt like I'd done my bit and wanted to go work for someone else and have that better quality of life we all seem to want.

Guess I'll have to put a few more years in over there untill I've earned that PR.

If it was just me and the missus I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Just have the nagging worry that I could mess things up for the Kids if I fail.

Just have to make sure I don't!!!

That PR is like the Holy Grail..
Old Feb 14th 2005, 11:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I have my own business here in the UK and will be going that route into OZ.

I just felt like I'd done my bit and wanted to go work for someone else and have that better quality of life we all seem to want.

Guess I'll have to put a few more years in over there untill I've earned that PR.

If it was just me and the missus I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Just have the nagging worry that I could mess things up for the Kids if I fail.

Just have to make sure I don't!!!

That PR is like the Holy Grail..
I understand what you were trying to say.

I was offered a very senior health post a few years ago in Australia.
I am also fairly well off and able to support myself regardless. We even have a son who is a Citizen. However because of my age (I was 52 at the time) I was unable to get more than a Temporary visa and my prospective employers were relctant to sponsor for PR (not uncommon I gather).
I was unwilling to give up a good job and security here for a promise that I MIGHT get PR later. We did not go.

I now have PR through a Parent Contributory visa (which required a financial outlay).

Sometimes the rules don't seem to make sense but I suppose there has to be some control even if it means some people can never make it.

Good luck

G
Old Feb 14th 2005, 11:44 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Helium Kid,
can't ytou just put a big bond down and get it that way?

£300000 = 30 points?

Bye
Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.