Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is It Just Me????

Is It Just Me????

Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:01 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is It Just Me????

Is it just me or has somebody come onto this site with a big shitty negative stick and waved it about all over the place? I must confess to not having visited for a couple of months mainly due to the fact that i am working two jobs, one of which is my 'normal' job of train driving, the other being a cooks job so that i can qualify for a visa. I am working my tiny little nuts off here so that I, my beautifull wife and my equaly stunning little daughter can have a go and see what life holds for us in good old OZ. Its funny really, you know some of us really dont think we are going to Eutopia we just want to have one last stab at a new and challenging life somewhere totaly different from where we are now. I am 41 and to be honest, although not quite yet ready for the glue factory, I aint got long to be messing about at this game. I suppose what Im trying to say in my own little talk a load of bollox way is please give us your constructive and extremely helpfull thoughts and experiences but if you are only going to insult or just ramble on about crap this and crap that then dont waste your energy on it, you are better served using that energy to improve your situation if its that bad.

Ok rant over, wishing all of you who are trying to do this the very best of luck and have a very nice day.

Nev
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is It Just Me????

Hi Nev Iam glad its not just me that thought there are lots of negatives at the moment.Although said before it is good to see from all the different folks from all aspects of life giving their opinions and views.
I am glad that expats is here as I have learnt so much and have finally taken off the rose tinted specs.Still going though as its gonna be worth it whether it works out or not.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:19 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Hi Nev Iam glad its not just me that thought there are lots of negatives at the moment.Although said before it is good to see from all the different folks from all aspects of life giving their opinions and views.
I am glad that expats is here as I have learnt so much and have finally taken off the rose tinted specs.Still going though as its gonna be worth it whether it works out or not.
I think thats my point, we are still going to do this. Of course we dont know if its going to work out or not, we just hope that it will, we will do as much research as we can, we will talk oodles to my family out there for 17yrs so far and very happy and we will make an informed descision on that basis. Life is an adventure i believe we only pass this way once, im not coming back as some dogs backside or a butterfly or whatever so im going to grab it by the balls and go for it!
good luck to you dreamaway

Nev.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

You will be fine if you have family out in Oz already.Will you be going where they are?.
We will be totally on our own but pretty much that way now so it will, make no difference.
All the best.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:26 pm
redlion

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
You will be fine if you have family out in Oz already.Will you be going where they are?.
We will be totally on our own but pretty much that way now so it will, make no difference.
All the best.
Yes all being well we are off to Perth, where my mums sisters are or my aunts if you wanna put it that way lol. Bring it on!!! the sooner the better.

Nev.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I went to Perth in Feb on a rekkie the city itself is fantastic I just wish they could put Perth city in Queensland I am going to sign off now as I will probably be slated for saying that.
You will be fine good luck and all the best again Dreamaway.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:58 pm
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future

eeeeek - I'm new - did I do it? Is it me?
Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redlion
Is it just me or has somebody come onto this site with a big shitty negative stick and waved it about all over the place? I must confess to not having visited for a couple of months mainly due to the fact that i am working two jobs, one of which is my 'normal' job of train driving, the other being a cooks job so that i can qualify for a visa. I am working my tiny little nuts off here so that I, my beautifull wife and my equaly stunning little daughter can have a go and see what life holds for us in good old OZ. Its funny really, you know some of us really dont think we are going to Eutopia we just want to have one last stab at a new and challenging life somewhere totaly different from where we are now. I am 41 and to be honest, although not quite yet ready for the glue factory, I aint got long to be messing about at this game. I suppose what Im trying to say in my own little talk a load of bollox way is please give us your constructive and extremely helpfull thoughts and experiences but if you are only going to insult or just ramble on about crap this and crap that then dont waste your energy on it, you are better served using that energy to improve your situation if its that bad.

Ok rant over, wishing all of you who are trying to do this the very best of luck and have a very nice day.

Nev
excellent post nev, well done, couldnt have put it better myself

good luck and well said

debs
Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GoingToOz

I thought it was me!!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:10 pm
redlion

Originally Posted by debbiemc
excellent post nev, well done, couldnt have put it better myself

good luck and well said

debs
Very kind of you to say so, i just say what i feel and whats in my heart.

Nev.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve G
I thought it was me!!
believe me, you don't want to know!!!

just enjoy the forum and be yourselves!

welcome and good luck

debbie
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:15 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

How could it be you GT?
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:13 pm

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future

HUP - I think this could be the start of something fast.........
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:32 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

HUP - I think this could be the start of something
No sorry I'm married
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:46 pm

Definitely me then - I'll get me coat................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.