Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it just me????

Is it just me????

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of
Default Is it just me????

Over the last few weeks I have been selling off my worldly processions ready for the big move and was just wondering – am I the only one who gets complete fruit cakes knocking at the door?

For example I sold my fridge/freezer, washing machine, sofa’s and beds. One lady told me she was coming round to pick them up – as promised she turned up, in a Polo, and worse than that bit of outstanding planning she really was convinced she could fit everything in the back of the Polo – in one hit! Had to get the tape measure out to convince her she could have problems otherwise she would have had my furniture out on the street ramming it into the back of this tiny car. Actually I should have let her try, I’m sure it would have been quite funny to watch.

Am now trying to sell my car and whatdaya know a whole string of hat stands calling up asking the most amazing questions – am just waiting for someone to ask how many wheels its got. (5 being the most obvious answer)

So………eh, is it just me?
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 2:22 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is it just me????

Originally posted by louH
Over the last few weeks I have been selling off my worldly processions ready for the big move and was just wondering – am I the only one who gets complete fruit cakes knocking at the door?

For example I sold my fridge/freezer, washing machine, sofa’s and beds. One lady told me she was coming round to pick them up – as promised she turned up, in a Polo, and worse than that bit of outstanding planning she really was convinced she could fit everything in the back of the Polo – in one hit! Had to get the tape measure out to convince her she could have problems otherwise she would have had my furniture out on the street ramming it into the back of this tiny car. Actually I should have let her try, I’m sure it would have been quite funny to watch.

Am now trying to sell my car and whatdaya know a whole string of hat stands calling up asking the most amazing questions – am just waiting for someone to ask how many wheels its got. (5 being the most obvious answer)

So………eh, is it just me?
I put my car on the autotrader website not 2 minutes ago...so no doubt i have this to look forward to
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 3:08 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi PeteY,

go on then, tell us what car you are selling

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 3:11 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by markeh
Hi PeteY,

go on then, tell us what car you are selling

Bye
Markeh
A beautiful little renault clio....one careful owner, fsh etcetcetc. Fancy a new car Markeh??
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
I put my car on the autotrader website not 2 minutes ago...so no doubt i have this to look forward to
Snap!

"Your Auto Trader advert will shortly be live.
Due to expire 13/11/2003 15:27:12"

This forum must be about the worst place in the world to advertise a car.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Anyone for a renault clio rsi or an impreza wrx?

Lynn
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 4:10 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi PeteY,
the wife would like it, but she's not here.
She will just have to settle for the my Fiesta she uses

I'm more of a clasic car man myself (Not the Fiesta though)

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 4:19 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by lynnj
Anyone for a renault clio rsi or an impreza wrx?

Lynn
Never going to own one....but hmmmmz the Impreza is a NICE car
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 4:28 pm
Happy Daddy

Hi PeteY,

go on, have one

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 7:08 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

now there's an idea. why don't we start a buy and sell thread. we could flog all our gear to the guys and gals coming back to the uk from auz!!

well it was just a thought.

leigh