Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:39 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just been down to sign some forms for exchange tomorrow and completion the 31st...Its a HUGE weight off my mind..

I wish you guys all the very best for some house sales very very soon...........
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peppi
Just been down to sign some forms for exchange tomorrow and completion the 31st...Its a HUGE weight off my mind..

I wish you guys all the very best for some house sales very very soon...........
congratulations

Tracey
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:20 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peppi

Congrats Peppi, must be a brilliant feeling

Tracey cant wait to see how you get on with another agent.

Its something I've been thinking of, ours seem so disinterested with us and didnt even bother to let us know the feedback of last viewers, I had to ring them to find out. So bloody annoying
Old Aug 18th 2005, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Congrats Peppi, must be a brilliant feeling

Tracey cant wait to see how you get on with another agent.

Its something I've been thinking of, ours seem so disinterested with us and didnt even bother to let us know the feedback of last viewers, I had to ring them to find out. So bloody annoying
Tell me about it. I have had to ring them every time . The first time when I rang they were all apologies saying that I should have been informed blah, blah, blah. They still made me ring them every time.

I'm also sick of them sending round people who aren't even in a position to buy my house. I have had less than 10 viewers since February and I would say that only 2 of them were suitable and one of them were looking for something a lot cheaper than mine. The rest either didn't have their houses on the market yet or were looking for a totally different property to mine

The agent who I spoke to today reckons that you should be looking at finding somebody who is interested in your house within the first 6-8 weeks or there is something wrong, probably the price. I think that they are probably right (re:the price) . I know that EAs arent the most honest of people as a whole but these sounded more honest than the ones I'm using at the moment. Will wait and see what happens.

Tracey
Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Tell me about it. I have had to ring them every time . The first time when I rang they were all apologies saying that I should have been informed blah, blah, blah. They still made me ring them every time.

I'm also sick of them sending round people who aren't even in a position to buy my house. I have had less than 10 viewers since February and I would say that only 2 of them were suitable and one of them were looking for something a lot cheaper than mine. The rest either didn't have their houses on the market yet or were looking for a totally different property to mine

The agent who I spoke to today reckons that you should be looking at finding somebody who is interested in your house within the first 6-8 weeks or there is something wrong, probably the price. I think that they are probably right (re:the price) . I know that EAs arent the most honest of people as a whole but these sounded more honest than the ones I'm using at the moment. Will wait and see what happens.

Tracey
Hmmm I agree with your new agent. 3 times I have asked our agent should we drop the price and she just says no, I asked should we redecorate she said no, but offers no advice on how to sell it, WELL WHAT SHOULD WE DO

Still waiting for contact from Cols cousin he has approached us direct the agent doesnt know anything about it. I am so tempted to take it off the market if he does offer so they dont get the fee.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:55 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm I agree with your new agent. 3 times I have asked our agent should we drop the price and she just says no, I asked should we redecorate she said no, but offers no advice on how to sell it, WELL WHAT SHOULD WE DO

Still waiting for contact from Cols cousin he has approached us direct the agent doesnt know anything about it. I am so tempted to take it off the market if he does offer so they dont get the fee.
Hi Kay

You shouldn't have to pay the fee anyway if they don't sell it for you. But make sure the offer is good first seems stupid I know but it has happened before

Ang
Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, the new agent has just left. She agrees with the price that it is on the market for at the moment and is putting it on at the same price. We have decided to see what happens for the first couple of weeks. I have to give my other agent 2 weeks notice and then I will be going with the others. I wonder if they will suddenly get off their backsides and try and sell it.

What I didn't realise was all the extra fees that I have to pay such as stamp duty, land registry etc. I know it is a bit dim of me and I am publicly showing my stupidness but having never sold a house before I honestly didn't realise that I had to pay stamp duty! I thought only the buyers paid that . I am not impressed with the other agent for not pointing all this out to me and just assuming that I would know already. I was in for a shock when I finally sell!!!!!

I'm going to get off now and phone them to telkl them the good news

Tracey
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:04 am

Well, the new agent has just left. She agrees with the price that it is on the market for at the moment and is putting it on at the same price. We have decided to see what happens for the first couple of weeks. I have to give my other agent 2 weeks notice and then I will be going with the others. I wonder if they will suddenly get off their backsides and try and sell it.

What I didn't realise was all the extra fees that I have to pay such as stamp duty, land registry etc. I know it is a bit dim of me and I am publicly showing my stupidness but having never sold a house before I honestly didn't realise that I had to pay stamp duty! I thought only the buyers paid that . I am not impressed with the other agent for not pointing all this out to me and just assuming that I would know already. I was in for a shock when I finally sell!!!!!

Tracey
Eh you dont have to pay stamp duty the buyers pay it
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I know the feeling, I've been regularly pestering our agents asking them what can be done and they say nothing & I say well you're the expert and they say well doing X was a good idea so I reply but you never suggested it I got the idea from the internet

I think I've frightened them that much when they call its always to my other half even when they are supposed to be returning my call.

Even our buyers (on number 3, at least this ones had a survey done) commented that their particulars and photo's of the house were poor. I admitted I was just about to rewrite them (waiting for a sunny day to take outside phot's) when they put in their offer.

I tend to review the details on the web of other houses in the area plus comments in places like the channel 4 homes forum to get ideass on how to make our more saleable.

From seeing the number of people on here recently going under offer, exchanging and completing and what I can observe in my area I think the market is picking up again.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:10 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Eh you dont have to pay stamp duty the buyers pay it
OMG nearly had heart failure reading that.....

We dont have to pay anything cos we aren't buying anythin thats right Kay....
Thank God eh
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
OMG nearly had heart failure reading that.....

We dont have to pay anything cos we aren't buying anythin thats right Kay....
Thank God eh
Er yes so I thought but thats not what Tracey's been told.... Tracey are you sure she said YOU have to pay stamp duty??

Kay
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:33 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey
No Tracey you DON'T pay stamp duty on selling only buying.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Er yes so I thought but thats not what Tracey's been told.... Tracey are you sure she said YOU have to pay stamp duty??

Kay
Yes. I thought that too. Maybe it's not called stamp duty but tax on the sale of the house at 2%

Whatever it is I didn't know anything about it. I can see my money dwindling away more every day. Hope they bring back the £10 pom thing
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:36 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I thought that too. Maybe it's not called stamp duty but tax on the sale of the house at 2%

Whatever it is I didn't know anything about it. I can see my money dwindling away more every day. Hope they bring back the £10 pom thing
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:37 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't go with them - they're talking out their bum!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.