Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 3rd 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Mines been on the market since February. 2 viewings but no offers Have just been round the estate agents to ask if there's been any interest. Apparently have sent loads of details out but nobody ringing up to view.
The problem is my house looks a lot smaller from the front than it actually is.
Have had loads of people pull up on the front looking at the house yet they don't want to come in. I might have to resort to hiding in the bushes out the front and dragging them in when they pull up
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
I am just in the process of finding an estate agent to put our house on the market. In so many threads house selling/waiting is mentioned and I was curious just how many of us actually had houses for sale in our bid to get to australia. So as the politicians say sign up and let us find the real figures .

No just interested/nosey in how many of us there are.

Nicky
Nicky,

Been on the market nearly 3.5 months now, and nothing. This is a nightmare.
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:18 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
We are nearly on the market, does that count?

Just had an estate agent round today, I found it a bit different to when we were selling 9 years ago, when estate agents seemed to be falling over themselves to get properties on the market.

This estate agent did scare me a bit because of all the rubbish about double glazed windows, apparently you need to have permission to have them replaced from 2002 onwards. Luckily the only windows done were replaced years ago, although he said we would have to apply to the council because of our porch which didn't need planning permission when it was put up, we have to have something in writing to that effect.

Hazel
yes actually on market, or finding estate agent.

for sale = 10
under offer = 2
under offer maybe =1
sold = 1

Nicky
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:39 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky

Put me down as another in the "on the market" category (though if you have caught up with the "gang" in dieters you will know that I am hoping that we will soon be shifting into the "under offer" category!

Binbird
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:40 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Been on the market since march 12th...had 3 viewers...no offers...Have today been to estate agent with new fotos(we painted the outside of the house the weekend and my indoor shots where better than theres) redone the paperwork and dropped the price by £10,000....so we shall see. they say they will put it in the paper again this week...Im depressed...this is worse than getting a visa...thats the easy bit...
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:41 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Mines been on the market since February. 2 viewings but no offers Have just been round the estate agents to ask if there's been any interest. Apparently have sent loads of details out but nobody ringing up to view.
The problem is my house looks a lot smaller from the front than it actually is.
Have had loads of people pull up on the front looking at the house yet they don't want to come in. I might have to resort to hiding in the bushes out the front and dragging them in when they pull up

SNAP

We are just the same only had one viewing since Feb, and they were on the market but not sold. Also phoned the agent today who said that it had been dead over the weekend but everyone was saying the same. Starting to get very peed off now.

Shelley
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

AvronW is on a distinguished road

yes actually on market, or finding estate agent.

for sale = 10
under offer = 2
under offer maybe =1
sold = 1

Nicky
Add us to the list too...

The house has been on the market for 2 months now... the market started to pickup, but we've dropped the price to try speed things up...

-Avron
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

I am just in the process of finding an estate agent to put our house on the market. In so many threads house selling/waiting is mentioned and I was curious just how many of us actually had houses for sale in our bid to get to australia. So as the politicians say sign up and let us find the real figures .

Nicky
We have been on the market for 9 months.
We have had one really low offer [last week] and two viewings today!!!
Who knows.............!

The Bread Knife
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:01 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

UPDATE

for sale = 16
under offer = 2
under offer maybe =1
sold = 1

Nicky
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Hey there

We have had our house on the market since Thursday last week. Two viewers didn't pitch and one on saturday said they liked the house, but could tell that they wouldn't put in an offer. Think it is going to be a long wait. Our skills assessment is only being submitted to the ICAA by our agent in Adelaide tomorrow, so we have time, but I suspect there is a strong chance of us getting our visa before our house sells.

Good luck with the sale of your house.

Sarah & Dave
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Just a thought - our agent said that the market was anticipated to slow down in the time up to the election and that they expected it to improve quite a lot after then - don;t know why. He also said that if we didn't get a firm offer by the end of July we may as well take it off the market as it is a family home and most families are on holiday during August and the market is notoriously dead :scared: !

Good luck again

Sarah and Dave
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Nicky
we sold last June (what a fantastic decision), we now rent my sisters house, she lives in Sydney and now needs her money, we have been trying to sell hers for months, a few viewings but nothing more, no offers, my poor sister is getting further in debt as she has a HUGE mortgage for a smaller house in Sydney
Tara
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:21 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

We have also been on the market since Oct dropped 35K in total
had an offer on friday to low, come back with another one on Saturday.
Still bit to low see what they say tomorrow will probably bite there hand off.
We have had 12 viewings in all of April, that was more then the whole of the
time we had it one the market. So it is picking up. They have nothing to sell,
so we just need our visa now!!!!!!

Pauline & John
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:43 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

My house has been for sale for 8 weeks & 3 days ( not that I'm counting ) & we haven't had one viewing people keep telling me that the market is picking up.....not in my area though ! thoroughly pi*$*d off
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

sudds is on a distinguished road

sold twice, but not really sold just pretending.........surveyor here in morning at 8am for two hours.....sure he will find a reason to f... things up.
Fingers crossed
sudds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.