Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just had it confirmed re luggage allowance

Just had it confirmed re luggage allowance

Old Aug 30th 2003, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Just had it confirmed re luggage allowance

Flying Via America, with a couple of stops on the way and the airline have confimed that we are allowed 32kg x 2 each. So that's 64kg per person. wow I can fit all my shoes in just about. mmm not sure about husbands close though.

Sorry, this is just food for thought for those before purchasing your flights and have quite a bit of stuff, go Via America and no problem.

xx
Old Aug 30th 2003, 4:31 pm
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just had it confirmed re luggage allowance

Originally posted by Carrianne
Flying Via America, with a couple of stops on the way and the airline have confimed that we are allowed 32kg x 2 each. So that's 64kg per person. wow I can fit all my shoes in just about. mmm not sure about husbands close though.

Sorry, this is just food for thought for those before purchasing your flights and have quite a bit of stuff, go Via America and no problem.

xx
Hi Carrianne,
Which airline was that with? My wife is fishing her shoes out the bin as we speak.:scared:
Old Aug 30th 2003, 5:32 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

32Kgs!!! Good grief that is a huge amount. Who you going with?
Old Aug 31st 2003, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for delay was out last night.

It's with BA Qantas, but it is because we are flying via america and that's 2 32kg so 64 each 128 kg for both of you. I might smuggle my family in as well
Old Aug 31st 2003, 11:49 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carrianne
Sorry for delay was out last night.

It's with BA Qantas, but it is because we are flying via america and that's 2 32kg so 64 each 128 kg for both of you. I might smuggle my family in as well
Americans carry a lot of baggage, 32 kilos is about right.

20 kgs for being overweight
10 kgs for being arrogant
2 kgs for being ignorant
------------------------------------
32 kgs baggage allowance

2x because they're twice as stupid????
Old Aug 31st 2003, 11:57 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Florida_03
Americans carry a lot of baggage, 32 kilos is about right.

20 kgs for being overweight
10 kgs for being arrogant
2 kgs for being ignorant
32 kgs baggage allowance

2x because they're twice as stupid????

When you moving to florida then? And why? Its because you love the people is it?
Old Aug 31st 2003, 12:11 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY

When you moving to florida then? And why? Its because you love the people is it?
25 September...

GBAS, SBAS, and all the other technologies that only the US will get out the door...???

Where's the English Shuttle???...The Australian Space Program???

I'm not expecting a change in character....dumb People...???...dime a dozen...nothing new there then. I like my work...Australia gave it up...and I have no intention of trading lifestyle for career!!!

Do you know why???
Old Aug 31st 2003, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

So how long is the flight via America? Is it worth doing for Western Australia or does that add too much to the flight? Must say, the baggage allowance sounds much better... but don't fancy being stuck on the plane with loads of Americans...
Larissa
PS would like to say I'm joking but I'm not really!!!
Old Aug 31st 2003, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa, Not sure as we are stopping after america but it is 11 hours to La from London.
Old Aug 31st 2003, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We are also flying via the states with United Airlines.

London to Orlando, to San Francisco to Sydney to Brisbane.

You can basically choose any 2 North American stops for the same price.

All of the American Airlines give you 64kgs each.

It breaks the flight up a lot more flying west as it is only 14 hours from San Francisco. We are staying there 2 nights so it should be fun.