Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just got back from Brisbane WOW !

Wikiposts

just got back from Brisbane WOW !

Old Aug 6th 2003, 1:46 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
The medal was for the British people whom the PM represents this Honour has only been awarded to two none Americans both are Bits.
How did little Johnnys mucking out of Mr Bushes stables go , the big differance is the respect the Yanks have for the Brits unlike the comtempt the Aussies have for Poms .

You generalize far too much about "comtempt the Aussies have for Poms". I urge you to take it more to heart.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:08 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
You generalize far too much about "comtempt the Aussies have for Poms". I urge you to take it more to heart.
Sorry I did find the anti-Pom rants of the Media here a little sad but being a Brit I can look down on ex-cons and refugees.

Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:23 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Sorry I did find the anti-Pom rants of the Media here a little sad but being a Brit I can look down on ex-cons and refugees.

Cut and paste an example of anti-Pom bigotry and I'll say sorry on behalf of all Aussies.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:28 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Cut and paste an example of anti-Pom bigotry and I'll say sorry on behalf of all Aussies.
You use the name Pom case proved?

Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:36 pm
Banned

You use the name Pom case proved?

Thought you approved of terms of "endearment", darling boy. Now from the MEDIA, cut and paste, if you please.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 3:23 pm
Banned

Thought you approved of terms of "endearment", darling boy. Now from the MEDIA, cut and paste, if you please.

This is typical stiring Aussie bollocks.

The first casualty of war is precision. I offer an example from this newspaper last Sunday. This comes from the story about a bunch of Australian soldiers who had to be rescued by the Poms - oh the bitter humiliation - in Afghanistan last week.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...243277604.html

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 6th 2003 at 5:14 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:22 pm
Banned

The first casualty of war is precision. I offer an example from this newspaper last Sunday. This comes from the story about a bunch of Australian soldiers who had to be rescued by the Poms - oh the bitter humiliation - in Afghanistan last week.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...243277604.html
Titillating piece of hyperbole but not even close to blood and guts outright anti-Pom MEDIA bigotry. Try again please.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:25 pm
Banned

Titillating piece of hyperbole but not even close to blood and guts outright anti-Pom MEDIA bigotry. Try again please.
My time is not cheap but for you I will try .

Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:37 pm
Banned

Pro Pom?

The entertainment started when an Australian columnist writing in The Sunday Telegraph in Sydney greeted England's most recent quick collapse, in the third Test, with the blunt observation: "The Poms . . . have no spine."

It's a point of view - and the author of such considered wisdom obviously was capable of leading us further down the road of enlightenment. He did not disappoint. "If a Brit gets Pommy-bashed in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, does anybody care?" he wrote.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...511132041.html

Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

PB hasn't a clue when it comes to military operations, thats the idea of having allies, they help you out.

A rescue helicopter was then sent in to pick up the dead and wounded but it also crashed, presumably brought down by enemy fire. Brig. Lewis speaking in Canberra said that the Australians had seen the US helicopter crash, "which had been on a rescue mission after a US soldier fell from another helicopter hit by Taliban fire." He said "the small group of Australians accurately coordinated US air strikes over the ensuing hours to save the 11 US soldiers who remained alive, surrounded by al-Qaida fighters."

Even the Americans aren't too proud to accept help when it's required.

Full Story
Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:52 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
PB hasn't a clue when it comes to military operations, thats the idea of having allies, they help you out.

A rescue helicopter was then sent in to pick up the dead and wounded but it also crashed, presumably brought down by enemy fire. Brig. Lewis speaking in Canberra said that the Australians had seen the US helicopter crash, "which had been on a rescue mission after a US soldier fell from another helicopter hit by Taliban fire." He said "the small group of Australians accurately coordinated US air strikes over the ensuing hours to save the 11 US soldiers who remained alive, surrounded by al-Qaida fighters."

Even the Americans aren't too proud to accept help when it's required.

Full Story
Lost the plot again boy read posts above it and the link.
As for you Aussie media crap get real , small group sums up Australias forces, who paid for the phone call , the goat herders have a whip round?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 6th 2003 at 5:59 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:09 pm
Banned

Pro Pom?

The entertainment started when an Australian columnist writing in The Sunday Telegraph in Sydney greeted England's most recent quick collapse, in the third Test, with the blunt observation: "The Poms . . . have no spine."

It's a point of view - and the author of such considered wisdom obviously was capable of leading us further down the road of enlightenment. He did not disappoint. "If a Brit gets Pommy-bashed in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, does anybody care?" he wrote.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...511132041.html

Not too rotten. I surpose sports freaks are human and some are Aussies and the quotes do stain the boundaries of what constitutes a joke, so you are getting closer. My qualified appology. But more blood and guts if you desire my sickeningly abject grovelling appology.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:13 pm
Banned

Not too rotten. I surpose sports freaks are human and some are Aussies and the quotes do stain the boundaries of what constitutes a joke, so you are getting closer. My qualified appology. But more blood and guts if you desire my sickeningly abject grovelling appology.
Sport is not War and to create a foe to feed the publics need for Pom blood is proof enough.

Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:28 pm
Banned

Sport is not War and to create a foe to feed the publics need for Pom blood is proof enough.

Strikes me as not what I thought was "sportsman like" also. Please convey my condolances to the English team!