Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

just got back from Brisbane WOW !

Wikiposts

just got back from Brisbane WOW !

Old Aug 4th 2003, 10:45 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Interested
Sounds right up chippy's street!
A bit la-de-da for me mate. I like a place with sawdust on the floor and a spitoon in the corner.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Not only RSL, you've also got bowls clubs and surf clubs, both do meals and drinks at budget prices.
Some of the Surf clubs have spectacular views right on the beach, the two that come to mind are Mooloolaba (on SC) and Broadbeach (on GC).
You can get into any of these by proveing your not a local (locals are expected to join about $10), by produceing passport, driving licence or membership of a club somewhere else.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: just got back from Brisbane WOW !

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lynn W
Hi all, (new members as well).

Arrived back from Brisbane yesterday (sunday) after spending a month there. All i can say is WOW what a wonderful place. We spent the first week doing the tourist bit and the rest living as a family.

We have looked at houses including building our own and oened a bank account. We have also looked at the job market.

We joined the local RSL and met really great people. We met lots of expats who said it was the best move that they made.

I have researched lots of bits so if i can be of any help or if any one has any questions please ask ( if i can help i will)

Whats been going on in here whilst i have been away.

Lynn W

WOW is good but how about a bit of detail like what exactly you liked? What you did, where you went etc?
Old Aug 4th 2003, 4:32 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Not only RSL, you've also got bowls clubs and surf clubs, both do meals and drinks at budget prices.
Some of the Surf clubs have spectacular views right on the beach, the two that come to mind are Mooloolaba (on SC) and Broadbeach (on GC).
You can get into any of these by proveing your not a local (locals are expected to join about $10), by produceing passport, driving licence or membership of a club somewhere else.
Wondered what Perth was missing now I know life , very few RSLs in Perth and none that compare to yours.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 4:51 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Wondered what Perth was missing now I know life , very few RSLs in Perth and none that compare to yours.

PB, are you trying to suggest that KP is an RSL?
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:01 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
PB, are you trying to suggest that KP is an RSL?
Well hes retired from life having a goverment job but I was pointing out Perth has as about as much life as the surface of the Moon , sorry less.
RSLs like the Eastern States would never take off in Perth because the trade here never goes farther than their backyards.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:06 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Well hes retired from life having a goverment job but I was pointing out Perth has as about as much life as the surface of the Moon , sorry less.
RSLs like the Eastern States would never take off in Perth because the trade here never goes farther than their backyards.

You have to say it quickly and repeatedly:

KP is an RSL
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:09 pm
Banned

You have to say it quickly and repeatedly:

KP is an RSL
Must gave more time to this site I over looked that , bit of a bum maybe but the lad means well.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:28 pm
Karma Comedian

Must gave more time to this site I over looked that , bit of a bum maybe but the lad means well.

Indeed, apologies to KP but I couldn't resist the opportunity.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Indeed, apologies to KP but I couldn't resist the opportunity.
Obviously you are going to become the whingeing pom on the Eastern seaboard.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:05 pm
Banned

So not pander to your views is to whinge , that is the Aussie way you must get cured soon .

Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

So not pander to your views is to whinge , that is the Aussie way you must get cured soon .

As far as I'm concerned to whinge is to look at everything from a negative point of view(your perspective constantly) rather than a balance view of the good and the bad.

You won't get me dissagreeing with your views about the lack of high tech jobs because it's true, but their is an awful lot to balance out that around Brisbane.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:15 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Why don't you ask the missess if you can trek to east for a bit before becoming Blighty bound. Surley theres a place in AUS for you where failure is not a certainty.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:18 pm
Karma Comedian

I wasn't whinging, I made a joke, sorry you took it too much to heart, you must be more positive.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:20 pm
Banned

As far as I'm concerned to whinge is to look at everything from a negative point of view(your perspective constantly) rather than a balance view of the good and the bad.

You won't get me dissagreeing with your views about the lack of high tech jobs because it's true, but their is an awful lot to balance out that around Brisbane.

I have no views on QLD never lived there so I can offer no insights but will rip the piss of WA a very low-tech state , a shovel being its most used tool.
This Convict country was built on labour that did as it was told and never questioned an order right or wrong , this carried over to name calling anyone who sees fault a whinger .
Russia was built on yes men who one day awoke from being serfs will Australia?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.