Reload this Page >

just got back from Brisbane WOW !

Wikiposts

just got back from Brisbane WOW !

Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:21 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
So not pander to your views is to whinge , that is the Aussie way you must get cured soon .

Look, you keep saying that whinging was devised by Aussies to embarrass and thus induce a lesser form of dissent.

I do not concur and you only need look at the USA forum to see the same word and context used in regard to your brethren.

So whinging is a universal phenomenon, and you lot are well versed in its use.

Now have a whinge about that?
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:25 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
Look, you keep saying that whinging was devised by Aussies to embarrass and thus induce a lesser form of dissent.

I do not concur and you only need look at the USA forum to see the same word and context used in regard to your brethren.

So whinging is a universal phenomenon, and you lot are well versed in its use.

Now have a whinge about that?
Never seen an Aussie whinge , they are masters.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:28 pm
Not here

Never seen an Aussie whinge , they are masters.

No!

The English have refined it to a higher form of life.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:29 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

No!

The English have refined it to a higher form of life.
The Canadians call the Aussies Jaffas why and the Yankies always ask if you parent was a convict.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:37 pm
Not here

The Canadians call the Aussies Jaffas why and the Yankies always ask if you parent was a convict.

I told you those Canandians are just simply crazy? Care what they think? No!

Living in the frozen tundra has frozen their brains. Who was it?...oh yeah...Celine Deon...say no more...

Yanks..they love us...you lot? Bad teeth
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:41 pm
Banned

I told you those Canandians are just simply crazy? Care what they think? No!

Living in the frozen tundra has frozen their brains. Who was it?...oh yeah...Celine Deon...say no more...

Yanks..they love us...you lot? Bad teeth
The Yanks could not point to Australia on a map never mind care who you are , dream on , Tony was awarded Americas highest honour , little Johnny got pat on the head plus a weekend mucking out Mr Bushes stables.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:41 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand whinging where it as an uncessary negative view of life in general, I am a positve person and tend to see the good qualities in everything, that said, what often gets accused of being whinging can be an expectation of high standards. In my experience to date (and this may only go for Queensland), the lack of complaining comes across as quite endearing and I have learnt to relax my standards to the 'whatever' level. However, there are examples of where relatively low standards or inefficienies prevail in Australian life, probably compounded by the fact that most couldn't care less or simply don't notice. Whilst the lifestyle benefits of not giving too much of a s**t are great in that it destresses life greatly, I do wonder the effect on Australian competitiveness in the international economy.

Note: all expressed here is merely an opinion and for those who require balance to be in every post note that I said I like the laid back attitude and yes I really do like living in brisbane and preefr it overall to the Uk at this stage in my life. Note that my opinions may go down as well as up and you should seek independent advice as required.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:49 pm
Not here

The Yanks could not point to Australia on a map never mind care who you are , dream on , Tony was awarded Americas highest honour , little Johnny got pat on the head plus a weekend mucking out Mr Bushes stables.

Look, give your mates all the baubles you like.

It is the imperialist way to give someone a piece of tin with a bit of ribbon when their son had his guts blown out in a war he cared nought about.

You like baubles and what they stand for? That is sad.

So ask the relatives of your WAR DEAD what they think!

Last edited by Florida_03; Aug 4th 2003 at 7:12 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:51 pm
Banned

Look, give your mates all the baubles your like.

It is the imperialist way to give someone a piece of tin with a bit of ribbon when their son had his guts blown out in a war he cared nought about.

You like baubles and what they stand for? That is sad.

So ask the relatives of your WAR DEAD what they think!
True the Brits died for the cause and still are , the Aussies never fronted up but shouted loud as they always do in order to lick arse.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 6:55 pm
Not here

True the Brits died for the cause and still are , the Aussies never fronted up but shouted loud as they always do in order to lick arse.

You would feel better if a young aussie boy died?
Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:01 pm
Banned

You would feel better if a young aussie boy died?
I would have respected a country that says it going to War and backs it up with due force , not send a force that could not take an Arab villageand let the Yanks/Brits do the real work

Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:02 pm
Not here

I would have respected a country that says it going to War and backs it up with due force , not send a force that could not take an Arab villageand let the Yanks/Brits do the real work

So you blame me?
Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:05 pm
Banned

So you blame me?
No your leaders are pisspot nobodies who are gutless and hide behind bigger forces , while trying win over the real powers in the world.

Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:10 pm
Not here

No your leaders are pisspot nobodies who are gutless and hide behind bigger forces , while trying win over the real powers in the world.

Right lets get this straight...

The Australian Government are gutless pisspot nobodies.

Now we agree.

So when you say aussie, you mean?
Old Aug 4th 2003, 8:53 pm
Badge

what a load of bollocks. If you knew anything about special forces then you would know that several hundred SAS troops are what is known as a force multiplier - they can bring a fair bit of firepower to bear and call down airstrikes etc .....

that is why in my opinion the several odd thousand sent to Iraq by Australia was a good contribution to SF in theatre. The Brit SAS would be quite happy to have the Aussie SAS on hand. We had a few Aussies and we were glad to have them with us. taught us a bit.

badgers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.